Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Problems with building on NSLU2

Hi,

Last week I successfuly installed SlimServer on NSLU2 (details on my blog: http://techbulletins.blogspot.com/).

Then for some reason my HDD crashed and I cannot repeat the process (tried several times flashing the device from scratch etc...). Everytime when I execute the build-perl-modules.pl script, after just several seconds I get:

Building..
    armv5b-softfloat-linux-gcc: No such file or directory
    make: *** [Zlib.o] Error 127
    Couldn't find a valid dynamic library for Compress-Zlib-1.33.tar.gz - something is wrong. Exiting!

All the latest ipkg packages seem to be installed but the build does not go through.

Any ideas? It worked flawlessly for the first time now it does not...

TIA
    Headworx

Same problem here...

I have unslung my nslu2 with unslung 6.8 beta. So far everything worked fine and as expected.
    I proceeded by installing the following packages as described on http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Appl...ns/SlimServer:
    - dropbear
    - unslung-feeds
    - perl
    - unslung-devel
    - which
    - expat

untared Slimserver 6.3.1 to /usr/local/slimserver_V6.3.1
    (also tried to move it to "slimserver", no difference)

added path:
    # PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin
    # export PATH

Then modified build-perl-modules.pl as described (doesn't make a difference whether using original or modified one, the error remains the same).

ran build-perl-modules.pl (download directory /etc/slim-data), execution stops with exactly the same error as described in previous posting.

Also tried the trick with setting date as mentioned here on the forum, no difference though.

Used Slimserver 6.3.1 and 6.0.2, got the same error.

I get the same result using ssh or telnet (shouldn't make a difference anyway). Logging in as root...

I really have no idea what to do next. I guess the script is missing some path and cannot access gcc? Is there any way of getting the perl-script to put out the commands so you can see at what call it fails?

Any other ideas?

Jan

The SlimServer build script is 100% OK. It worked for me a week ago (I tried to use the same version now). The only thing that might have changed have been the unslung-devel package or perl package (these are downloaded from the Internet, so I cannot check what version I run before when everything worked).

Cheers,
    Headworx

Recently on a SuSe system where builds had worked they now failed. If curl (because lwp was not installed) was used by build to retrieve Zlib - it failed. When I installed lwp it worked ok.

The build script can use lwp, curl or wget to fetch modules from Slimserver, lwp is first preference.

Hmm. I'm not sure it has something to do with it? Compress-Zlib-1.33.tar.gz gets downloaded and uncompressed. The subsequnet step with make fails... I will however try installing lwp and post my findings here.

Thanks,
    Jan

I had the same problem after recently setting up my NSLU2 with Unslung 6.8 (two days ago). For some reason the Makefile created (I assume after running "perl Makefile.PL" for each package) defines "armv5b-softfloat-linux-gcc" as the compiler command instead of "gcc" which is in the path.
    I solved that by adding "/opt/armeb/bin" to the PATH. The building works although with several warnings from perl concerning some libraries (there was a new perl package released today, didn't make any difference). I can then run sliserver but I have one problem, my squeezebox cannot connect to Shoutcast stations and RadioIO. Other online radio stations work fine but for most I use the squeezenetwork.
    By the way, in my old setup (until July when the HDD died) everything was working fine.
    Alexandros Bagos

Adding the path did the trick for me. I also got some warnings but slimserver is starting up! I also added this info to the install-doc mentioned above.
    Thanks a lot!

I have been playing around with this a little now. Slimserver starts up fine but I cannot add music to the library. It seems to me I have a problem with the database. From the logfile, I get errors like this:

DBD::SQLite::db prepare_cached failed: no such table: tracks(1) at dbdimp.c line 268 at /usr/local/SlimServer_v6.3.1/CPAN/Ima/DBI.pm line 391.
    2006-08-29 22:23:27.0473 DBD::SQLite::db do failed: no such table: metainformation(1) at dbdimp.c line 268 at /usr/local/SlimServer_v6.3.1/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DataModel.pm line 280.
    DBD::SQLite::db do failed: no such table: metainformation(1) at dbdimp.c line 268 at /usr/local/SlimServer_v6.3.1/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DataModel.pm line 280.
    END failed--call queue aborted.
    domainname: No such file or directory

Any idea?

I have the same problem. After adding the above suggested Path the build process went through (although with some warnings) and now it sits there indexing the music, but nothing gets indexed in fact.

Same problem here too. I've tried putting just one song in the library which I can find only in "Browse All Music". Still then when I press "play" it displays an error message "can't play song" or similar and nothing happens. I assume it has to do with perl.
    Alexandros Bagos