Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Tunes that sound Fab on a Church Organ

Hi,

Wondered if you maybe able to help, seeing as I'm the one who listens to the music in our house, I have been given the task of suggesting some tunes that we can have the church organist playing when we walk in and out of the church before and after getting married.

I usually listen to dance, trance, house and the odd bit of pop, rock and rap, hence this post, not having a clue with the classical music - yet, anyway. I did buy a clasical cd a while back after may last upgrade, sounds pretty good but I think I still need a further upgrade or two, to fully appreciate the classical stuff, getting the sound stage right etc, I think it's not the easiest of stuff for my kit to reproduce.

Toccata And Fugue in D Minor by Bach sounds impressive, but I think we could do with something a little more light hearted and happy sounding, please, I'm open to suggestions

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Deaf Cat; 2006-06-26 at 09:29.

Mybe not exactly what you;re looking for but could be fun

I have a couple of albums that sren't rue classical musoc but might appeal.

Acid Brass is house music classics played by a famous brass band (can't remember which one). if you're a dance music fan from the 'second summer of love' and the whole house revolution, hearing Pacific 808 on brass is cool.

Another is something by the Hampton String Quartet doing various classic rock stuff - Foxey Lady being particularly fun.

On a more straight classical front I can thoroughly recommend both the Enigma Variations and the Pomo & Circumstance marches by Elgar. I find these great relaxing and rousing music on the commute home and of course, being a brit, they do remind me of home.

The Kaiser Chiefs: 'Everyday i love you less and less' would be quite amusing, if nothing else. But it would sound awesome on a church organ!

"A Little Help From My Friends" -- Joe Cocker live version.

Whiter Shade of Pale?

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. Just watch that Simpsons episode. :-)

But hardly appropriate for a wedding. Although I might actually like to go to a funky wedding like that...