Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleestack
    Keep in mind TACT gear makes correction for time, level and freq. responses, in addition to allowing you to design fletcher munson curve for volume dependent corrections. I'm not sure if the Behringer covers all of those factors.
    I'm sure it doesn't, but then it only costs a couple hundred bucks. Works for me.
    FREE RADICAL
    RADIO!
    Hours of free radical MP3s.

Announcing: the inguz room correction system for SqueezeBox:

http://inguzaudio.com/RoomCorrection/

This quietly moves from a short "Beta" test period (thanks to my generous helpers!) to a likely much longer "Evaluation" (which should be fairly usable out of the gate; over time I'll drop a series of time-limited versions, fixing any bugs along the way). So, at least in theory, everything's in place / it's on...

Hugh aka inguz

Inguz, the future of audio is here thanks to you. I don't know if it's possible or not, but I hope you can add a fourth type of equalizer with several filters in the 20Hz-100Hz bass range.
    Last edited by vdorta; 2006-08-01 at 07:52.

Quote Originally Posted by vdorta
    Inguz, the future of audio is here thanks to you. I don't know if it's possible or not, but I hope you can add a fourth type of equalizer with several filters in the 20Hz-100Hz bass range.

Hmmm... its been around for quite some time. He, however, seems to be making some headway into making it available to the everyone, which is a great thing.
    Last edited by Sleestack; 2006-08-01 at 14:29.

Re: digital room correction

inguz wrote:
    > Announcing: the inguz room correction system for SqueezeBox:

Thanks Hugh! Been looking forward to this. Can't wait to get the time
    to give it a go.

--rt

Ooh, exciting!

How do these plug-ins interact with multiple clients? Will the correction filter be applied to all outgoing streams, or can it be assigned to specific players?

Multiple squeezeoxes each get their own settings (because presumably they're in different rooms or driving different systems).

Tonite I'm setting this up on a friend's reference system, and ... hmmm, something's very wrong (muddy, no top end at all, everything is off). So there's something amiss, and I'm not sure with what until I get a chance to diagnose some more. Oh well, such is life. [LATER: it's not the software, it's the measurements. Oooo-kay. There's still a bit too much "black art" in measuring properly.]
    Last edited by inguz; 2006-08-02 at 07:08.

inguz....

Quote Originally Posted by inguz
    Multiple squeezeoxes each get their own settings (because presumably they're in different rooms or driving different systems).

Tonite I'm setting this up on a friend's reference system, and ... hmmm, something's very wrong (muddy, no top end at all, everything is off). So there's something amiss, and I'm not sure with what until I get a chance to diagnose some more. Oh well, such is life. [LATER: it's not the software, it's the measurements. Oooo-kay. There's still a bit too much "black art" in measuring properly.]
    Inguz, a quick question: for your method to work, does the audio interface have to sample at the uppermost capability of the dac you are using? I think the Benchmark DAC1 has a playback capability of 52kHz. Or do you not pipe through the outboard DAC (if existing) for the sweep? I'm looking at the USB Audio Interfaces you mention in your setup documentation, but most of those only record at 48kHz on the high side.
    My computer -> SB2-> Krell KAV-300i -> pair of Thiel CS2 -> my ears -> my brain

You need to be able to record at 44.1kHz (same as CD). The sweeps are 44.1kHz FLAC. Be sure to measure with equipment which really does record at 44.1. Some of the cheap equipment will only record at 48kHz, and you won't get a good measurement that way.

(For now, 44.1 is the only sample-rate which my processor supports. If you have music recorded with any other rate -- e.g. 48kHz -- then it'll be passed through unchanged).

If you don't have an external DAC: play the sweep as normal, and lift off the reference channel at the SB's analog output. If you do run an external DAC: play the sweep as normal, and lift off the reference channel at the DAC's analog output.

This looks like great work. And the documentation is even pretty good, to boot!

But I haven't installed it yet (I don't have a reference mic) and in reading through the docs I had a question. The docs state "The inguzDSP system turns everything (even low-btrate MP3s) into 24-bit FLAC to send to the Squeezebox, which can take quite a lot of networking.". I have a SB1--can I assume that that FLAC data will actually end up being streamed as a WAV to my SB1? I understand how all the conversions and transcoding happen in a normal slimserver setup, but with the InguzDSP in there I'm a little foggy as to how it's all supposed to work...