Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unhappy Can't find PIN anywhere with documentation

I'm a reasonably technical guy. This seems like poor documentation to me, but maybe I'm missing something. I'm got the 6.2 server on XP with a v3 player. Step 1 below doesn't work b/c the it just doesn't show up in the menu anywhere. I've clicked everywhere. There is no "SqueezeNetwork" in my menu tree. On to step 2... I go into the Settings on my player and, guess what, no "Squeezebox PIN" in the menus there either. Am I the only one? What the hell?

It says:

Step 1: Connect your Squeezebox to SqueezeNetwork.
    If you are connected to SlimServer, browse to Squeezebox Home -> SqueezeNetwork to connect. The first time you connect, your Squeezebox will prompt you to choose a language and timezone.

Step 2: Get your PIN.
    Your Player Identification Number identifies your Squeezebox to the SqueezeNetwork. When your player first connects to the SqueezeNetwork, you will be provided with a PIN. If you don't remember this PIN, with your remote go to Settings -> Squeezebox PIN to display a new PIN.

Step 3: Enter your PIN below.Your Player Identification Number identifies your Squeezebox to the SqueezeNetwork. When your player first connects to the SqueezeNetwork, you will be provided with a PIN. If you don't remember this PIN, with your remote go to Settings -> Squeezebox PIN to display a new PIN.

Can't find PIN anywhere with documentation

Hi yizzung

I've clicked everywhere
    It seems you tried this in the webinterface, but SqueezeNetwork can only be selected from the player interface with the remote.

Cheers
    Felix
    Programming is the art of cleverly arranging bits and bytes. - (c) Felix Mueller

You may find this thread helpful:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...&highlight=pin