Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

V1.3 is out!

I can confirm that V1.2 did not load with Slimserver 6.2.1+.

I have put together V1.3 which I now have running against 6.2.1 on Linux again. The PERL include path seems to have changed since 6.2.0 and I had to reflect that in the code.

Also, you can now choose between a ZIPed version and a TAR.GZed version.

@CraigyEcosse: I could not reproduce the errors you got, but I noticed that your installation directory for the plugin is WeatherTime_1 instead of WeatherTime - that might cause additional problems. So, maybe you want to give V1.3 a try too.

Thank you all for your Feedback and patience!

Let me know how things are going with the new version.
    Last edited by martin.rehfeld; 2006-03-12 at 12:28.
    Cheers,
    Martin Rehfeld

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Check out http://inside.glnetworks.de/ for more to come.

formerly known as Fletch
    V1.3 works on 6.5 nightly too. Pretty cool, thanks!

How do you "activate" under Linux

Hi,

I've downloaded and copied your plugin to a subdir of my Plugins directory called WeatherTime. I stop and start slimserver and browse to the the server plugins page but I do not see any listing for WeatherTime? How do I activate the plugin. I see there are some html files in the directory called index.html and enable.html. I am controlling my linux slimserver from the command line and do not have a web browser?

Thanks.

-CB

Nevermind!

I didn't copy the files with directory structure. Recopied and now things run okay!

Thanks.

-CB

Garrel Farm.... Near Loch Lomond in Bonnie Scotland

Working on 6.22 as well

Thanks... I have tested fine now on 6.22, although having a few issues changing Imperial to Metric and vice versa... I seem to only get fahrenheit regardless of what I pick in the settings.

Apart from that... (and seeing the American Date format... MM/DD as opposed to DD/MM) it is a fantastic plugin... Well Done

formerly known as Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigyEcosse
    Apart from that... (and seeing the American Date format... MM/DD as opposed to DD/MM) it is a fantastic plugin
    This is controlled by your Server Settings.

Garrel Farm.... Near Loch Lomond in Bonnie Scotland

I guess I just need more time to find my way around.....

Fletch is correct... Thanks

Also after a short delay I am seeing Centigrade readings...

Thanks - All working.

btw... not sure if this is the right forum, but is there a way to have the RSS Feeds and this Weather plugin cycle together... so you see your News headlines then the weather forecast straight after?

Lord how I hate being a newbie

Hi,

Thanks for this great plug-in.

I have a couple suggestions though:
    1. I am using 12 hours(AM/PM) in the date/time format. With the current font size, the complete date information is too long to be displayed on the player screen. And there seems to be no scrolling function, so I can only see something like this:

9:30 AM 03.14.200

This is kind of strange looking. Is it possible to add font size adjustment or text scrolling?

2. Since this is a screen saver, I guess it is supposed to be non-static (at least that's how I interprete a screen saver: To avoid making permanent imprint on a screen). Is it possible to make the screen display scrolling or refresh with non-static information? I am just thinking that, in area like Southern California where you have sunny day alomost everyday, the weather icon will be the same most of the time, will it make an imprint on the screen? :-)
    Last edited by OperaBen; 2006-03-13 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by OperaBen
    Hi,

Thanks for this great plug-in.

I have a couple suggestions though:
    1. I am using 12 hours(AM/PM) in the date/time format. With the current font size, the complete date information is too long to be displayed on the player screen. And there seems to be no scrolling function, so I can only see something like this:

9:30 AM 03.14.200

This is kind of strange looking. Is it possible to add font size adjustment or text scrolling?

2. Since this is a screen saver, I guess it is supposed to be non-static (at least that's how I interprete a screen saver: To avoid making permanent imprint on a screen). Is it possible to make the screen display scrolling or refresh with non-static information? I am just thinking that, in area like Southern California where you have sunny day alomost everyday, the weather icon will be the same most of the time, will it make an imprint on the screen? :-)

Same problem. Only I get 8:47PM 03/13/

This plugin completely kills the server. Getting the error:

Weather::Cached: ERROR Invalid location provided

How do I find the weather.com location code for my location? It doesn't seem to like the city or zip