Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Appreciated and apologies for letting my frustration show.

Although I cancelled my order out of frustration a fair old while ago now, I'd still be interested in the reviews... I will wait with anticipation for the feedback...

thanks

Paul

They have left the building!

Our next consignment will be with us next week. All we have left in stock at the moment is 160Gb versions. We will have more 500Gb versions middle of next week and we should be in free stock on all models within two weeks now all of the back orders have cleared.

Many thanks to all those who have ordered and waited patiently (and to though who haven't but who have hung on in there regardless).

I will be over in Germany from Saturday till the middle of next week at CeBIT but I should be picking up my emails. If anybody is having any issues or would like to ask any questions then please feel free to PM me.

I need sleep - good night.

Paul
    Progressive Consumer Electronics Ltd

A few preliminary questions....

I have just received my 300GB Qnap and will attempt to install some time this weekend (despite my squeezebox away for a swap-out, suffering from the dreaded display failure problem). A couple of quick questions - the quick start quide is not entirely clear. Apologies if these seem to be 'stupid' questions, but I'm not a computer professional...

1. During installation and prior to configuration you are told to connect directly to a computer or to a router. The router illustration appears to involve wired only connections. I will be connecting to a wireless router. I'm not sure that initial installation/configuration will be possible over a wireless network - or will the supplied installation disc sort this out?

2. A number of steps in the quick-start quide involve initialising and formatting of the hard disk. Given that Slimserver comes pre-installed, I'm guessing that the disk is ready to go, and I really DON'T want to initialise and format - or do I?

Sorry, again, if these are somewhat basic questions...

Graham

Sorry an amendment to the Qnap manual should have been sent out but was missed out of the initial shipment.

The Qnap TS-101 comes from Qnap without a drive installed. We have installed the drive and set everything up so you can just plug in and go.

You do not need to go through any initial setup procedure as everything has been done already for you.

You can plug your TS-101 in to any router or switch on your network as long as there is somthing on your network giving out IP address via DHCP (most routers are setup to do this). It doesn't matter if it is a wireless router or a wired router as wireless router have wired ethernet connection usually on the rear.

Please ask any questions on here.

Thanks

Paul
    Last edited by ultra238a; 2006-03-10 at 07:36.

Paul,

Any plans for a driveless option? I've decided to build a RAID desktop system for my music and other storage needs, but would be interested in a 101 for some of its non-Slimserver functions.

Hi Funkstar,

Yes a number of our resellers are going to be selling the driveless options soon. The RRP on this product will be ú179.99 inc VAT

Regards

Paul
    Progressive Consumer Electronics Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar
    Paul,

Any plans for a driveless option? I've decided to build a RAID desktop system for my music and other storage needs, but would be interested in a 101 for some of its non-Slimserver functions.

I've got it connected to my wireless router and can see the directories in "My Network Places" but whenever I try to navigate, it hangs the "My Network Places" window (program not responding). Any ideas?

more information required

let me understand, the the slim server is already installed on the ts-101 system?or you need a plugging?
    I get a look on the ts-101 manual (from here: http://www.ultimatestorage.co.uk/ts-101.html), but I can't find any information about.
    I'm very interested on this solution, but what is about the performance? is usable? the scanning will slow down the server?

saluti
    Stefano

Yes, slimserver is already installed on the TS-101 (this is one of the reasons Paul has been busy formatting all the drives). It isn't in the standard manual because Slimserver isn't a standard feature, it has been added by Progressive Computing.

Scanning will slow down the server. It will slow down any server to some greater or lesser degree. Depending on how the TS-101 handles thread priorities the unit may become very sluggish or even un-responsive during scanning. Paul (or someone with a unit) will have to answer this properly though.