Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130
Results 1,291 to 1,298 of 1298
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post
    My design, Scan-Speak drivers (D3004/660000, 18W/8531G00 and 2x 26W/8867T00) in a closed box. It Is an active setup with filtering done in DSP (MiniSharc) and an amplifier (Hypex UCD180HG) per driver. Electronics also DIY.
    Simply amazing that's how speakers should be built good work .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post
    My design, Scan-Speak drivers (D3004/660000, 18W/8531G00 and 2x 26W/8867T00) in a closed box. It Is an active setup with filtering done in DSP (MiniSharc) and an amplifier (Hypex UCD180HG) per driver. Electronics also DIY.
    Is the DSP done outside of the speaker enclosures? A single DSP handles Woofer/Mid/Tweeter x L & R? Line level to speakers, with amplifiers in the speakers?
    Are there reasonable tools for setting up the crossovers in the DSP, and do any necessary "tweaking"? Is there ability to do room correction?

Quote Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post
    Well done on those speakers. Your design or a kit? If so do you have more info on them?
    +1

Finish is very professional.

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Is the DSP done outside of the speaker enclosures? A single DSP handles Woofer/Mid/Tweeter x L & R? Line level to speakers, with amplifiers in the speakers?
    Are there reasonable tools for setting up the crossovers in the DSP, and do any necessary "tweaking"? Is there ability to do room correction?
    Without wanting to butt in, I think the miniSharc is from here https://www.minidsp.com/
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

.... sort of remind me of coffins ... oops, sorry!
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    The DSP is indeed a MiniSharc from www.minidsp.com, it feeds into an 8ch DAC (ESS9016 based) from there it goes to a 6ch power amp based on Hypex UCD180HG modules and a Hypex SMPS. DSP+DAC and Power amps are built into 2 standard enclosures and not into the speaker.

The DSP comes with it's own Windows and OSX software created by MiniDSP. To measure the speakers I use Arta. For roomcorrection you can look at the REW software (amongst others).
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    .... sort of remind me of coffins ... oops, sorry!
    not the first time I hear this
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

I am not sure if I have posted in here before. This is my Living Room setup which I rarely get to use as someone else likes her TV shows.

Below the TV at right is an SB3 and left is an O2 Joggler that I use as a controller and now playing display. The SB3 display is off - hopefully to preserve its life.
    Below the Joggler is an Onkyo AV Receiver which is operating in pure music mode with video circuitry off. The SB3 is connected both digitally and by analogue for zone 2 purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes