Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: Do you have a 770?

Voters
281. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got it

114 40.57%
  • Want it

102 36.30%
  • Need it

9 3.20%
  • Forget it

56 19.93%
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia 770 Skin

This is some sort of Opera (770 version) <-> SlimServer interaction - it happens in other skins than yours.

Nice job, BTW.

- Dennis Brothers

Move over iPod . .

Quote Originally Posted by bklaas
    Instead, I think you should favor the simple approach. Open the included audio player on the 770 and point it to http://yourmachine:9000/stream.mp3. Then go to the browser on the 770 and select the player to be your 770 (which should show up as your 770's IP address). You may have to do some back and forth with the browser and hitting play on the audio player before you get the stream going, but this does work, and as far as I can tell works quite well.
    #!/ben
    Pretty nifty. I saw app to do this on internettablettalk.com, but this is better -- no need to modify w/xerm to reognize daap. Plus not,too much of a memory hog.

It won't play .aac files (even unprotected) but I think that is an issue w/770.

My browser on 770 refreshes every 10 seconds. Is this normal? A 770 issue? Or Mac issue?

Man! Who needs an iPod around the house when you can have 770 limited only by computer hard drive. Thanks a ton. Everyday I discover more to lke about 770 and sllimserver!

Never mind

I changed the browser refresh from 30 seconds to 60 seconds and it seems to work better. I am using the version for 6.2 and there is no volume control. Ben, do you plan on adding this later? Thanks so much for sharing this skin and your other tips with us. I shared your streaming trick to the 770 on http://www.internettablettalk.com.

macdaddy: there is volume control. go to the 'now playing' window (the musical note link at the top center). in the 4 boxes that are on the bottom of this page, you will find volume control in the upper right box.

internettablettalk.com seems to be the de-facto 770 site. I'll post something about the 770 skin and slimserver as things mature. Maybe we'll get some slimserver/squeezebox adoptees out of the growing 770 community.

cheers,
    #!/ben

No volume control

Ben:

I downloaded Nokia770Skin_for_slimserver6.2.tar from your website and installed it in the html folder for slimserver. For some reason on my skin the upper right box you talk about is only a straight black line. Other than that, everything else seems to work fine.
    Last edited by macdaddy; 2005-12-26 at 21:26.

Wow...I have no idea how that happened. I don't see that on my 6.2 interface. I figured maybe it was a player or server setting, but I poked around and couldn't find anything. Anyone else using the Nokia770 skin seeing the absent volume control behavior?

unrelated Q for you macdaddy-- how did you get the screenshooter to take a shot of the fullscreen like that? I installed the screenshooter but when I select "take a screenshot" from the icon along the top menubar, it takes it without delay, which means I can't take fullscreen shots. Half the time it takes a screenshot with the bot that says "take a screenshot" still visible...

I've seen it.

I see the missing volume controller problem when I use your skin to control a non squeezebox device like the 770. If I choose the squeezebox as my playback device, the volume control shows up.

Wow...I have no idea how that happened. I don't see that on my 6.2 interface. I figured maybe it was a player or server setting, but I poked around and couldn't find anything. Anyone else using the Nokia770 skin seeing the absent volume control behavior?

screen shot

The latest version of the 770 memory/screen shot app supports delayed screenshots.

unrelated Q for you macdaddy-- how did you get the screenshooter to take a shot of the fullscreen like that? I installed the screenshooter but when I select "take a screenshot" from the icon along the top menubar, it takes it without delay, which means I can't take fullscreen shots. Half the time it takes a screenshot with the bot that says "take a screenshot" still visible...

Missing volume control

Biomech is right that that this is due to controling the 770 instead of the slim device. Yet, even when I selected the slim device in my browser control window, the volume control still would not appear. When all else fails -- reboot. I did a reboot and everything works fine.

I do not know what version of the screen shoot app I have, but delay shot is an option. What a geek, I was a bit excited to finally get to use the screen shot app!

I do not have lame drivers on my Mac. Does anyone know if installing them will allow the 770 to play .aac files?