Ah this is better than last week!
I have raised 2 minor bugs:
preference ignored in playlist views
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=915 inconsistent 'all'
options in browse menus
I also seem to be having a problem that sometimes when Softsqueeze is
running and songs change, something thrashes my PC.
I have been unable to further diagnose this because the computer becomes
completely unusable and I usually have to pull the plug out!
But, every time it has occurred I have recently started Softsqueeze and
have v6.0 running and a song has just finished.
Does this seem at all feasible?
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Dan Sully
Sent: 02 March 2005 09:45
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Cc: Slim Devices Developers
Subject: [slim] Announce: SlimServer 6.0a2
This is the second alpha release of SlimServer 6.0 -
First of all - thank you for all the bug reports, they are invaluable in
We've been working hard this past week addressing all of the issues
first alpha. If you had a problem with the first release, it's most
been fixed. Our known issues and changes are listed below.
Download here: http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/SlimServer_v6.0a2/
Remember - please file any bug reports on http://bugs.slimdevices.com/
SlimServer 6.0 Alpha 2 Release Notes:
Usability & Features:
* Fixed composerInArtists preference setting.
* Handle group discs properly.
* Browsing tracks in Music Folder was broken in Default skin,
* Added links to Default skin to add/play all songs from
* Patch from Adrian to optimise SBG scrolling animations.
Adds a new setting for the number of pixels to shift on each
step of the animation.
* radioIO new channels: 70's Pop, 80's Pop, Country.
Performance & Memory usage:
* Try to use the faster Template::Stash::XS module for template
* Use weaken() if available to make sure we don't have any
circular references in the caches.
* Add NetBSD XS modules from Jason Holtzapple.
* Win32: Changes to socketwrapper from Adrian.
Use a named pipe to deal with helper applications that can't
write to stdout.
The name of the pipe is sent as the output file argument to
the helper app.
* Removed sparc-linux, solaris, solaris64 Time::HiRes modules.
* Update Time::HiRes to v1.66
* Update to DBD::SQLite 1.08 / SQLite 3.13 - performance
* Handheld update from Michael Herger
* Removed ExBrowse skin, in favor of ExBrowse2
* Artists or Albums with '*' in the string cause the Player UI
to behave strangely.
* MusicMagic connection settings need to be exposed when plugin
is enabled, even
though connection cannot be established.
* Not all skins have been updated to use browsedb. (xmlTelCanto
may be broken.)
# 44 - Browse new music - available in the Player & Web UI.
#376 - Music folder path should be fixed per platform.
#583 - Music Folder setting is case sensitive.
#717 - Using external cuesheets results in duplicate entries in
#803 - Ogg tracks cause the server to die with an SQL error.
#848 - Duplicate genres where capitalisation differs.
#849 - Double artist and composer shown.
#851 - Can't use parameters containing spaces in CLI.
#853 - Advanced search switches chosen player to default player.
#854 - Fishbone skin defaults to livesearch.
#856 - 99% CPU - Update the genre & artist objects at the same
time as the song for MusicMagic.
#857 - Slimserver dies under Debian stable.
#863 - Can't call method "id" on an undefined value.
#868 - Browse by album crashes slimserver / MoodLogic &
#870 - iTunes db problem crashes windows service.
#871 - Pressing add while displaying an album in song info
causes the server to lock up and hog CPU.
#876 - SlimServer crashes when changing groupdiscs option, which
does not work.
#880 - Update to DBD::SQLite-1.08 / SQLite 3.1.3
#881 - Alphabetic inconsistencies.
#883 - Now Playing playlist not always saved correctly.
#887 - Changing language on latest 6.0 nightly causes server to
Results 1 to 1 of 1
2005-03-02, 08:17 #1Craig, James (IT)Guest
RE: [slim] Announce: SlimServer 6.0a2