Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SB2 and Wifi draytek WPA/PSK TKIP

Hi,

I have just bought a wireless Squeezebox 2 and am very happy with it but am having problems getting it to work on my Draytek Vigor 2600V Wifi router.

I have been running MAC filtering and WPA/PSK TKIP on my network and have entered my passphrase into the Squeezebox 2 and it just won't authenticate with my router. I am obviously doing something wrong since it only appears to work with no encryption, but is happy with the MAC filtering. Has anyone else had problems?

I have tried WEP and this also doesn't seem to work for me

Ideally I want to use WPA/PSK 128bit TKIP, is this possible?

Many thanks,

John.

You should be able to use 128bit WPA/PSK. I do and it works fine.

(I use a cheapo Belkin router, but "standards" are supposed to be standard...)

Thanks for the reply.

I will try it again today and hopefully get it sorted. I managed to get it connected last night via 128bit WEP, but would rather use WPA, but WEP is better than nothing at all.

Cheers,

John.

See the following bug report: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1629

I have a Draytek 2600G and have exactly the same problem (can use WEP 64 or 128 bit but not WPA-PSK). The guys at Slim Devices have investigated it and believe that the fault lies with Draytek. I submitted a bug report with Draytek as well and they have sent me a couple of beta test firmware images (leatest was last week) but none have fixed the problem. If I get it resolved I'll let you know.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Cheers for the link and for letting me know I am not alone Banging my head against a wall with this.

I am using a passphrase on the the draytek, which I enter into the squeesebox2 and it appears to connect but fails to be an IP form the router and a static IP won;t work either.

When I look ito the station list on the router I am told that the authenication was refused for the SB2 MAC address. Very annoying. I likewise will let you know if I manage to get it working.

Cheers,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by snarlydwarf
    but "standards" are supposed to be standard...)
    Dratek aren't a member of the WiFi consortium, therefore their devices are not officially Wifi compliant.

For various other reasons unrelated to WiFi I now steer well clear of Draytek - expensive rubbish in my humble opinion.

You could try posting your query on the Draytek User forum (note: there are no Draytek reps present on the forum - it's entirely user-to-user). Unfortunately WiFi problems are fairly common, try a search.

I recommend Linksys, specifically the WRT54GS - costs under ú50 and no problems at all (although I must point out I own a wired SB2)
    Last edited by Milhouse; 2005-08-05 at 17:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    Dratek aren't a member of the WiFi consortium, therefore their devices are not officially Wifi compliant.

For various other reasons unrelated to WiFi I now steer well clear of Draytek - expensive rubbish in my humble opinion.

You could try posting your query on the Draytek User forum (note: there are no Draytek reps present on the forum - it's entirely user-to-user). Unfortunately WiFi problems are fairly common, try a search.

I recommend Linksys, specifically the WRT54GS - costs under ú50 and no problems at all (although I must point out I own a wired SB2)
    Not entirely true, sorry to say, but there seems to be something wrong with the Squeezebox firmware.
    There is a new firmware that solves Draytek connectivity over WiFi with WPA.
    I had the problem too and the new firmware works for me on my Draytek 2800.

I've been using Draytek routers for five years, and have been very happy with them. The wifi facilities are provided by a plug-in module, probably bought in. Perhaps there's no need for Draytek to subscribe to the consortium.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbell View Post
    I've been using Draytek routers for five years, and have been very happy with them. The wifi facilities are provided by a plug-in module, probably bought in. Perhaps there's no need for Draytek to subscribe to the consortium.
    I fully agree, Draytek rulez.

Quote Originally Posted by ASS-Ware View Post
    Not entirely true, sorry to say, but there seems to be something wrong with the Squeezebox firmware.
    There is a new firmware that solves Draytek connectivity over WiFi with WPA.
    I had the problem too and the new firmware works for me on my Draytek 2800.
    Have you looked in the Slim Devices bugzilla? Most of the problems appear to be with poor Draytek firmware, Slimdevices bend over backwards to support that sh*t! As a former owner of Draytek expensive garbage, I should know!

Glad you're a happy Draytek user, though.