Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 55 of 270 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atlslim View Post
    within plugin settings change text scrolling to 'Basic' - works for me

TEXT SCROLLING
    You have a choice as to how the display transitions from one game to the next.
    Basic: Changes are immediately displayed with no scrolling.
    Slide: Changes slide onto and off of the screen.
    Ticker: Changes scroll onto and off of the screen like a stock ticker.
    The setting is 'Basic' now. It's not the scrolling from weather display to game that's bothering me. That works just fine and does what the description of 'basic' says it will do. It's the display of weather information itself. Right now my display looks like this:

Tonight: Partly Cloudy
    3:08 PM 73f/33%/SSW 4/29.98-

The first line is centered. The second line scrolls across the display. It didn't do that before.

Also the forecast used to include a high or low temp. So the top line would read, "Tonight: Partly Cloudy Low 53" or something like that.

Sorry if I sound whiny, I don't mean to. I like this plugin a lot and really just want it to work the way it did before I upgraded. Thanks.

- Jeff

Hi Greg -
    I'm also appear to have the issue where the finished games scores do not show for long after the game has finished; I get tomorrows games instead. I like in the UK, and your previous fix worked fine for me. Is this another affect of ESPNs changes?

Caveat: I have recently made some wireless network changes, and my WLAN connection is a little flaky. Can't rule this out as the cause either for the time being...

Chippy

configuring SuperDate Time Plugin?

I do not understand how to configure after listed as an installed plugin. help

Quote Originally Posted by jallison View Post
    The setting is 'Basic' now. It's not the scrolling from weather display to game that's bothering me. That works just fine and does what the description of 'basic' says it will do. It's the display of weather information itself. Right now my display looks like this:

Tonight: Partly Cloudy
    3:08 PM 73f/33%/SSW 4/29.98-

The first line is centered. The second line scrolls across the display. It didn't do that before.

Also the forecast used to include a high or low temp. So the top line would read, "Tonight: Partly Cloudy Low 53" or something like that.

Sorry if I sound whiny, I don't mean to. I like this plugin a lot and really just want it to work the way it did before I upgraded. Thanks.
    Hey Jeff-
    That version of the plugin has the graphical weather icons which your player is not capable of displaying. Unfortunately my code assumes these icons are there, so it adds some "prespacing" to the weather text to compensate so that the text wont overlap the icons. The prespacing spaces along with your time/weather text is larger than what will fit on the screen, so SlimServer starts scrolling it.

For a temp fix, stop SlimServer and open up plugin.pm in your favorite raw text editor. Search for or go to line 638 and 639 that should look like:

Code:
    my $iconPreSpace  = '                   '; #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon w/3line txt
    my $icon2PreSpace = '        ';   #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon wo/3line txt
    And change them to:
    Code:
    my $iconPreSpace  = ''; #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon w/3line txt
    my $icon2PreSpace = '';   #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon wo/3line txt
    Then restart SlimServer.

As for the hi/low stuff, those are now displayed using a special 3line font that your player is not capable of displaying. In the next version of the plugin that's available for SlimServer 7 you're able to put the hi/low text anywhere you want on the display. You're also able to disable the icons and it will automatically adjust the spacing for you. Nightly SlimServer 7 builds are available for download and some people are using them, however, that version is still undergoing major changes and is not intended for daily use.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by chiefersone View Post
    I do not understand how to configure after listed as an installed plugin. help
    From the web interface go to Server Settings and then Plugins. You'll see all sorts of configuration options for SuperDateTime in there. Is this what you're asking?

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Hi Greg -
    I'm also appear to have the issue where the finished games scores do not show for long after the game has finished; I get tomorrows games instead. I like in the UK, and your previous fix worked fine for me. Is this another affect of ESPNs changes?

Caveat: I have recently made some wireless network changes, and my WLAN connection is a little flaky. Can't rule this out as the cause either for the time being...
    Hey Chippy-

Assuming you're in Windows, what timezone do you have your machine set for in Windows itself (double click the clock on your task bar and choose timezone) and what offset do you have the plugin set for? Also, if you could, enable -d_plugin debugging and look at the output when it does a data refresh. It should have a line that says something like: Eastern Hour/Date: 9/12

Thanks
    -Greg

once i'm in the sever settings/plugins page. how do i get into the area to configure the SuperDateTime?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefersone View Post
    once i'm in the sever settings/plugins page. how do i get into the area to configure the SuperDateTime?
    From that page if you scroll down you should see a section that starts with SUPERDATETIME SCREENSAVER.

If you don't see it, the plugin isn't properly enabled or installed. SuperDateTime Screensaver should be listed and checked (enabled) on the list of plugins shown at the beginning of that web page.

-Greg

I see it enabled in the list of plugins but upon scrolling down i don't have an actual 'section' to go into.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubs View Post
    Hey Jeff-
    That version of the plugin has the graphical weather icons which your player is not capable of displaying.
    The price of old hardware.

For a temp fix, stop SlimServer and open up plugin.pm in your favorite raw text editor. Search for or go to line 638 and 639 that should look like:

Code:
    my $iconPreSpace  = '                   '; #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon w/3line txt
    my $icon2PreSpace = '        ';   #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon wo/3line txt
    And change them to:
    Code:
    my $iconPreSpace  = ''; #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon w/3line txt
    my $icon2PreSpace = '';   #Blank spaces to append before bottom line text when displaying an icon wo/3line txt
    That worked. Thanks.

As for the hi/low stuff, those are now displayed using a special 3line font that your player is not capable of displaying. In the next version of the plugin that's available for SlimServer 7 you're able to put the hi/low text anywhere you want on the display. You're also able to disable the icons and it will automatically adjust the spacing for you. Nightly SlimServer 7 builds are available for download and some people are using them, however, that version is still undergoing major changes and is not intended for daily use.

-Greg
    Thanks Greg.