Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tcutting
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Matz
    I'm new here because I want to switch from Weather Applet (stopps working) to SDT.
    SDT is working fine while LMS is running. But after shotdown PC with LMS the weather update will stopp immediately. Is it a normal behavior? When so, is there any posibility to keep the updates running also when PC or LMS isn't running?
    Thanks in advance!
    Have you considered a server to run LMS which doesn't shut down? Raspberry Pi solutions exist which are low cost and low power. Plus you can use LMS any time without having to wait for your PC to boot up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Matz
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by tcutting
      Have you considered a server to run LMS which doesn't shut down? Raspberry Pi solutions exist which are low cost and low power. Plus you can use LMS any time without having to wait for your PC to boot up.

Thanks for your idea. Maybe it's an option to solve my problem...
      Does the Squeezebox work with two LMS - one on PI and one on PC or do I have to remote control the permanent running LMS on the PI via PC?

Comment

• squeeze_paul
        • Aug 2009

after some problems with the cache after a reboot, I realised that as well superdatetime seems to be gone: it's no longer in the list of plugins (on the web interface).
        on top of the plugins page it says: "Bad repository http://sourceforge.net/projects/supe...files/repo.xml - Redirection limit exceeded"
        the url is correct and acccessible: the repo.xml can be downloaded by hand.
        any ideas how to get back my superdatetime?

Comment

• tcutting
          • May 2008

Originally posted by squeeze_paul
          after some problems with the cache after a reboot, I realised that as well superdatetime seems to be gone: it's no longer in the list of plugins (on the web interface).
          on top of the plugins page it says: "Bad repository http://sourceforge.net/projects/supe...files/repo.xml - Redirection limit exceeded"
          the url is correct and acccessible: the repo.xml can be downloaded by hand.
          any ideas how to get back my superdatetime?
          This is an old repo location - Sourceforge changed some things, and this stopped working reliably.

Try adding the following repo location into the Settings/Plugin:

Comment

• bluetdi
            • Oct 2008

Wanted to change something with CCH (adding a new item) and realised that "Itemtype: Songinfoicon" for "lastfmartistimages" is gone. Then I remembered Michael saying that pictures from LastFM are no longer available through the plugin. So Tom seems to have removed this itemtype from the plugin.
            Is there a substitute for showing pictures of artist in SDT?

Karl
            3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.2.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xRadio | Boom | iPeng

Comment

• tcutting
              • May 2008

Originally posted by bluetdi
              Wanted to change something with CCH (adding a new item) and realised that "Itemtype: Songinfoicon" for "lastfmartistimages" is gone. Then I remembered Michael saying that pictures from LastFM are no longer available through the plugin. So Tom seems to have removed this itemtype from the plugin.
              Is there a substitute for showing pictures of artist in SDT?

Karl
              That's not something from SuperDateTime, that comes from CustomClock.

Comment

• bluetdi
                • Oct 2008

Thx for clarifying. I fear there is no way to get back artist pictures in SDT.
                3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.2.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xRadio | Boom | iPeng

Comment

• GoCubs
                  • Apr 2005

It's been a while

Hey all,

Sorry for abandoning the plugin a few years back. If you were wondering what happened to me, I ultimately moved to Japan for work, sold my place, and all my Squeeze hardware went into storage. Without any hardware, endless parsing updates, and Logitech dropping support I lost my drive. I'm back living stateside, but all my stuff from before is still in storage. Instead I've been using Sonos... I like the simplicity, but there's no screen so no SDT...

I'm glad to see that the community has kept SDT going. Great work. SDP completely dropped out of my mind until now... there's a website that I need to parse for other reasons and it resurfaced.

Take care,
                  Greg

Comment

• Sb42
                    • Mar 2007

I have 2 SB3 Classics running off LMS v 7.91 and using SDT v5.10.26 - I finally have the formatting on the display as I want it on SB3#1 but for a reason I can't find, SB3#2 will not display the same data set. Is there a limitation that prevents more than one SB3 from displaying the data?

The strings in use are shown in the attached screenshot.

When not in use on SB3#1 I get a weather icon, High and Rain Percentage. A one line prediction for the next day and the time and current temp.
                    On SB#2 I get an icon, day/month, and Rain Percentage.

Thanks for any help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• bluetdi
                      • Oct 2008

You must configure each Classic separately with the data you want to be shown. The line2 configuration is for the Transporter only and of no use for any Classic.
                      Go to Player/name_of_Classic/SDT and set each player with the appropriate strings.
                      Hopefully you gave the 2 Classics discerning names.

Comment

• Sb42
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by bluetdi
                        You must configure each Classic separately with the data you want to be shown. The line2 configuration is for the Transporter only and of no use for any Classic.
                        Go to Player/name_of_Classic/SDT and set each player with the appropriate strings.
                        Hopefully you gave the 2 Classics discerning names.
                        The screenshot shows the strings for SB3#1, but they are exactly the same for SB3#2. The two SB3 players fo have unique names.

Comment

• bluetdi
                          • Oct 2008

Disconnect SB1 and SB2, restart LMS, connect SB2, wait for the time you set in SDT to get data (you should see a little star in the right upper corner of the display). When it got new data SB2 should display the data you set with the strings at the player settings.
                          Success? Ok, connect SB1.
                          No success? Reset both Classics. Delete all strings at the player settings in LMS and Restart LMS. Connect first SB1, name it, connect SB2 and name it. Set strings for first Classic and use only 1 or 2. Same for the second Classic, but different strings. From there you can customize both your Classics.
                          If nothing works you may delete the SDT.prefs file content for the approprate MAC-adresses of your Classics and start from scratch.

Comment

• tcutting
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Sb42
                            I have 2 SB3 Classics running off LMS v 7.91 and using SDT v5.10.26 - I finally have the formatting on the display as I want it on SB3#1 but for a reason I can't find, SB3#2 will not display the same data set. Is there a limitation that prevents more than one SB3 from displaying the data?

The strings in use are shown in the attached screenshot.

When not in use on SB3#1 I get a weather icon, High and Rain Percentage. A one line prediction for the next day and the time and current temp.
                            On SB#2 I get an icon, day/month, and Rain Percentage.

Thanks for any help.
                            Have you tried the up/down keys on your SB3 remote to cycle through the different screens? You may be looking at different periods/screens on your two SB3's.

Comment

• Sb42
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by tcutting
                              Have you tried the up/down keys on your SB3 remote to cycle through the different screens? You may be looking at different periods/screens on your two SB3's.
                              OK, we'll just keep this between ourselves...no-one needs to know and hopefully there are no tapes! ;-)

Truly a D'oh! moment for me... that was exactly the trick!

thanks for saving the last of the hair that I was pulling out.

Comment

• Howard Passman
                                • Apr 2008

Can't get SDT to work with picorePlayer

Hi,

I'm using a RPI3 running pcP3.20 and I can't get SDT to show up under plugins in the LMS. Can anyone give me a few hints? Can it be manually loaded using Winscp?

Thanks,

Howard

P.S. I did manage to get it loaded where it shows up under plugins in the LMS. I can affect all of the settings, etc., but SDT does not show on the player itself yet. Still missing something.
                                Last edited by Howard Passman; 2017-06-18, 15:37. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Working...