Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 270 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrC
    I don't think so - there is some problem with the webserver or forums, and files are not being transferred properly.

this has nothing to do with browsers. IE does not "scramble" its binaries.

Sorry MrC, but you are incorrect. Try it and see. I may not understand the "mechanics" of what is occuring (scrambling or not), but using Firefox works, Nuff said.

For the record, I have downloaded a few zips from this forum using IE in the past few days, and they have been just fine.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Yannzola
    Sorry MrC, but you are incorrect. Try it and see. I may not understand the "mechanics" of what is occuring (scrambling or not), but using Firefox works, Nuff said.
    Uh, no, not "nuff said". Uneducated people shall not get the last word. You clearly do not understand the mechanics. IE failing for you does not indicate that IE is at fault - there are many reasons why it fails for you (viruses, version, spyware, network troubles, caching, crappy downloaders, toolbars, plug-ins, etc.). That Firefox works for you, and that IE doesn't is hardly any test. You could have a partially downloaded file in IE's cache. Firefox does not use the same cache as IE. It could have equally been the case that your Firefox download failed, and had a corrupted cache and IE might have worked. This happened to me - Opera and Firefox failed, but IE worked. There were download troubles with the server - several people experienced this, and it had nothing to do with which browser was used.

As you can see from the previous post, IE works. It works for me, and unless you have strong, analytical data that demonstrates IE doesn't know how to download binaries, stop spreading ridiculous diagnostics and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue
    For the record, I have downloaded a few zips from this forum using IE in the past few days, and they have been just fine.
    Interesting! Which version? IE v6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2 still doesn't download properly on any of my machines. In addition the IE 7 beta has exactly the same problem (it's running on a friends machine), and he's reported it as a bug.

y.

As you can see from the previous post, IE works. It works for me, and unless you have strong, analytical data that demonstrates IE doesn't know how to download binaries, stop spreading ridiculous diagnostics and advice.
    I'm glad you don't suffer from whatever problem the rest of us are having with corrupt ZIPs. Very happy for you. However, for those of us who care less about =why= we aren't able to download the binaries posted on this forum, and more about actually getting the ZIP's to download uncorrupted... my advice =works=. Why? How? I don't really care.

NUFF said.

Did you read anything I wrote? Did you not read that I indicated Firefox FAILED for me, and that IE works for others? I will now cease having this battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Quote Originally Posted by Yannzola
    Interesting! Which version? IE v6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2 still doesn't download properly on any of my machines.
    That's the version I have except I use the Maxthon shell.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Did you read anything I wrote? Did you not read that I indicated Firefox FAILED for me, and that IE works for others? I will now cease having this battle of wits with an unarmed man.
    Mr.C,
    Yes... I admit I missed that portion of your post. You are most likely correct in assuming it was a server cache issue. I honestly have no idea.

My point (obviously unclear), was simply that for the less technically minded folks (like myself) the easy and immediate solution is to find an alternate way of getting the ZIP downloaded. Firefox just happened to be the best solution in my case. It's easy to find, easy to install and uninstall, and relatively harmless.

I apologize if in my zeal, I managed to offend. My intent was =not= to provide an authoritative "why" or "how"... but only to share a working and easy to implement solution.

No need to get nasty.

y.

New Version: 3.2.11

# 3.2.11 08/12/05 Fixed bug where teams would not save on some new installations.

If you're up and running fine, there is no need to upgrade. If you've had a problem getting team selections to save, try this version.

Apparently something changed in a newer version of SlimServer that wouldn't save arrays automatically if there was no previously saved value.

If anyone is wondering when NFL teams will be added... I'm looking into this. Unfortuantely where I parse data from displays score information by WEEK instead of by DAY so it'll be a little more work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Use of non-blocking HTTP requests

Could you use Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP instead of LWP::Simple for making HTTP requests in your plugin? If e.g. weather.com doesn't respond to a HTTP request in a timely matter, the SuperDateTime plugin currently blocks on read, causing slimserver to "freeze". Thanks.