Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 276 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maditude
    Did anyone else find that the current-temp stopped displaying? I'd been using v3.0.8 of the SuperDateTime plugin for a while with no problems, but noticed last night that it stopped working today -- the current temp is now displayed as "--".
    The web data that the plugin parses changed slightly today (they added a space before the temperature) for the first time in four months. I noticed this yesterday and have a new version that fixes the problem, however, right now I'm in the middle of some other enhancements to the plugin that I need to complete. I'll try to have the new version posted later today (depending on how busy I am at work).

Thanks

New Version 3.2.9

# 3.2.9 06/17/05

Here's a new and updated version of the SuperDateTime plugin. This version fixes the new weather parsing problem, allows you disable "feels like", and has settings to display active and upcoming/completed games at different intervals.

I also made some enhancements to the NBA parsing, but I haven't been home during a NBA Finals game to test/enhance the parsing.

Please let me know if you notice any bugs/oddities, as I rushed through this fairly quick to get it out there.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

GoCubs,

I've got the latest version on my SB2. This is exactly what I was hoping to have when I first saw your plugin... The game cycling works great.

The only thing I noticed out of the ordinary was if I have Temp, Feels-like, and Humidity all checked, it only shows a Temp and humidity when the weather gets it's turn on the screen. I don't know if maybe the site changed the spacing at all and it's messing up the parsing again...

Anyway, this plugin gets a hearty endorsement from me. It's the only screensaver I've been using for a while now. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by cdfreak
    GoCubs,
    The only thing I noticed out of the ordinary was if I have Temp, Feels-like, and Humidity all checked, it only shows a Temp and humidity when the weather gets it's turn on the screen. I don't know if maybe the site changed the spacing at all and it's messing up the parsing again...
    The plugin is actually working correctly. In the latest version I have it configured to only show the feels like temperature if the temperature and "feels like" temperatures are different. In the summer in Chicago so far they usually are the same...
    Quote Originally Posted by cdfreak
    Anyway, this plugin gets a hearty endorsement from me. It's the only screensaver I've been using for a while now. Thanks again.
    Thanks for the feedback! It's good to know people are using it.

GoCubs: Thanks for this plugin. I'm not interested in the sports stuff, but I really enjoy seeing the temperatures and humidity on my screen saver.

Do you think there could be any problem with this plugin if I don't have a dedicated internet connection? I have an "almost-always-on" dialup connection via ICS, meaningů we have a dedicated line, but there are periods of slowness and times when the connection drops and has to redial.

I have been having some problems with SlimServer crashing (more info at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=45753) and I just thought I'd ask if this could cause a problem.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue
    Do you think there could be any problem with this plugin if I don't have a dedicated internet connection? I have an "almost-always-on" dialup connection via ICS, meaningů we have a dedicated line, but there are periods of slowness and times when the connection drops and has to redial.

I have been having some problems with SlimServer crashing (more info at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=45753) and I just thought I'd ask if this could cause a problem.
    Hmmmmm... The plugin may be the culprit to your SlimServer crashes. The plugin is designed to show blank readings when it cannot obtain fresh data from the web, however, in my experience a couple times my slim server has crashed around the same time my Internet connection has gone down. Since it was a rare occurance for me I never traced the true cause of the crash. Have you tried turning on some of the SlimServer debugging options to narrow down the problem?

I haven't had a crash since I did a clean install yesterday. SuperDateTime is one of the few plugins I have added back in. I'm keeping my eye on it and will try the debugging options if I have problems again. Thanks for the response.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

corrupted archive

I have been unable to unzip this archive. I get a corrupted archive message when trying to unzip using Winzip or Windows XP. Is there a way that I could get a copy of this plugin?

Using IE I take it?
    Try Firefox. For some reason IE scrambles the binary as it is being parsed.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoldstone
    I have been unable to unzip this archive. I get a corrupted archive message when trying to unzip using Winzip or Windows XP. Is there a way that I could get a copy of this plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by Yannzola
    Using IE I take it?
    Try Firefox. For some reason IE scrambles the binary as it is being parsed.
    I don't think so - there is some problem with the webserver or forums, and files are not being transferred properly.

this has nothing to do with browsers. IE does not "scramble" its binaries.