The RedHat 7.1/7.2 not being supported line seems a little strange. I presume that you've no issue with RH 7.1/7.2 if perl has been updated to a 5.8 level.
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com]On Behalf Of Dan Sully
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:07 AM
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Announce: SlimServer 6.0b2
Announcing the second beta release of SlimServer 6.0
This release incorporates many performance and memory related fixes,
SoftSqueeze updates, and many other bug fixes.
Download here: http://www.slimdevices.com/download
Remember - please file any bug reports on http://bugs.slimdevices.com/
SlimServer 6.0 Beta 2 Release Notes:
Performance & Memory usage:
* Fixed a memory leak in non-streaming HTTP response.
* Fixed a memory leak in iTunes scanning/rescanning.
* Fixed a memory leak in Music Folder scanning/rescanning.
* Ogg::Vorbis::Header::PurePerl (Ogg Scanning) - 18x speedup.
* Dynamically include Format modules - most users will only need a few.
* Only poll for UDP packets if there is a SLIMP3 connected.
* Timer improvements from Adrian.
* The Now Playing playlist (Web UI) is now generated only when changed.
Should fix / alleviate the 100% CPU issue.
* Fixed load time for "All Albums" / "All Tracks" & All within a Genre.
* Only load the MoodLogic plugin on Windows.
* Don't generate the 'genre_count' unless we're on the Hitlist - it's expensive.
* Updated German translations from Michael Herger
* Updated Spanish translations from Nestor
* Syncing between a SB1 and SB2 now works.
* Updated to Softsqueeze 2.0a13
* Many bugs fixed - need to get a list from Richard.
* We do not support Redhat 7.1 or 7.2 - these OSes have broken Perl builds.
* We do not support the EIS Linux package - it also has a broken Perl build.
* Fixed support for Perl 5.6.x users and ISO-8859-1 languages.
* iTunes: Don't load 'Library' as a playlist.
* MusicMagic: Remote access settings are confusing and only work for very specific cases.
Support has been removed.
* Updates for Fishbone, Handheld and Touch.
* ExBrowse2 - now uses XSLT to parse search results - Jacob Potter.
* Artists or Albums with '*' in the string cause the Player UI to behave strangely.
* MusicMagic connection settings need to be exposed when plugin is enabled, even
though connection cannot be established.
* Not all skins have been updated to use browsedb. (xmlTelCanto may be broken.)
* Streaming to a SB1 using OSX Tiger has dropouts. Panther works fine.
* Browsing Music Folder is very slow - with lots of top level directories
# 121 - Shuffle by album always plays the same album first
# 441 - Named pipe with a known audio extension hangs server
# 459 - Some languages display bogus dates & times.
# 678 - Tune in page: trying to tune in to any station causes script errors.
# 721 - Shoutcast plugin writing directly into /
# 761 - WMA lossless (and reportedly other WMA formats) play in mono!
# 796 - Web Interface Bugs - songcount
# 866 - Date of file on songinfo is today's date, not file's date.
# 869 - Muted playback.
# 881 - Alphabetic inconsistencies.
# 907 - Pressing buttons while player is in standby makes things blip on to the screen.
# 916 - Search results shouldn't show * in query
# 917 - When in Browse menu, pressing PLAY or ADD should play or add the item selected.
# 942 - Live Search song result missing artist and album links.
# 963 - Max volume should be unity gain.
# 973 - Clicking play in web interface on an artist that only has one album puts tracks in wrong order.
# 979 - disabledPlugin keeps adding pref.
# 986 - locale en_US.UTF-8 will crash SS when using perl 5.6
# 987 - Live Search/Manual Search confusion.
# 988 - Backspace in Live Search doesn't refresh.
# 989 - Live Search ignore search within words pref.
# 992 - Web and player UI not updating - 03/09 nightly
# 993 - Special character not sorted properly in web ui artist browse.
# 994 - Need to add FLAC transcoding rules to convert.conf for SB2.
# 995 - SS v6.0b1 scanning library glacially slow.
# 997 - $ds->objectForUrl(Slim::Player::Playlist::song($client ))->title() returns stream name instead of songtitle
#1007 - Playlist view: empty "by".
#1008 - Artists are not de-duplicated for different capitalisations.
#1009 - Menus not functioning correctly.
#1010 - SB2 connects to SqueezeNetwork even though a SlimServer was selected.
#1012 - Need to add ppc-linux Perl 5.8 binaries (for LinkStation users).
#1013 - Now playling track does not update when scrolling.
#1016 - Squeezebox should detect if a server's IP address has changed.
#1027 - Mute does not work.
#1029 - Server should send STREAMINFO header with FLAC stream.
#1030 - FLAC decoding parameters could be improved to avoid bug.
#1032 - SB2 will not play music after switching servers without rebooting.
#1033 - Trying to save a read-only playlist causes server to crash.
#1034 - radioio: urls that are saved into playlists show up with albums and artists in web.
#1037 - Server crash on parsing cue file.
#1038 - Every time a new softsqueeze is opened on the PC it is IDed as a new player.
#1055 - sendFrame function missing in SLIMP3.pm player module.
#1057 - Softsqueeze2 should play nicer with SlimServer 5.4 and 6.0.
#1059 - Web interface hogging CPU.
#1063 - Can't view all results from multi-page advanced search.
#1069 - fade_volume broken.
#1082 - Handheld skin / Search Music crashes server.
#1083 - Playing items from autocomplete search results broken with multiple players.
#1087 - Non-livesearch searches, album results don't work.
#1088 - Selecting iTunes menu from SB crashes server.
#1089 - ID3 tag display error on Squeezebox.
#1118 - Browse playlist not showing with iTunes & no playlist directory.
<noah> the auto mechanic told me there was something wrong with my rear differential.
I told him I never took calculus.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Announce: SlimServer 6.0b2
2005-03-19, 04:41 #1James DunnGuest
Announce: SlimServer 6.0b2