Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Buffering and DNF update failure

Can anyone help please. audio playback on FLAC files is buffering randomly. Players are all hard wired and I'm happy there are no network issues. this is a fairly recent instal of vortexbox 2.4 on the same machine ive been using for a while and have never had so many problems. I thought an update might fix it however when I run through the update process in vortexbox I get dnf update failed, check error messages and try to fix problems. ive also tried command line dnf updates, they seem to go through okay. happy to provide any further system information if anyone can help. thanks

I'm not even sure where to look for the error messages. is that in LMS?

Cheshire, UK
    If everything is hard wired and the buffering is from local FLAC files then there are really only 3 areas to look at

1. uPNP players on your network. Certain devices are known to flood the network with discovery packets to the server.

2. Networking. You say you are happy everything is working but clearly it isn't. The problem could be as simple as a faulty cable or port on your router/switch. Try a simplified network involving only router/switch, Vortexbox and one player. If the problem persists swap all cables one by one and try each port of the router/switch systematically.

3. The hardware (motherboard) of your Vortexbox machine is failing.
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng