Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squezzebox 3: power supply recommendation. other tips?

Hello,

i have had m y system appart for years... long story.
    Now that I am putting it back together I have found that I have no power supply for my Squeezebox 3. I need to buy one. Do you have any recommendations on what to buy ? I am sound conscious or I would not have posted in this subsection, but I don't want to spend over $50 at most.

Are there any 3 rd party sofware or settings that might wring the last bit of sound quality out of my SB3 ?

Thanks !

Another Tip

Name:  otex.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  9.3 KB

ronnie

(no, seriously )

Ear wax

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Name:  otex.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  9.3 KB

ronnie

(no, seriously )
    Hi Ronnie!

And when you've done the Otex trip, a nice hot soak in a whirlpool bath followed by a careful alignment of your head with the neck jets is a great way to do a DIY ear syringe (it's a lot gentler than getting some busy nurse to do it, lol... ).

I have an Allsop lens cleaner with a number of sound check tests on it & I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I could still hear the highest note on the sweep test - it comes on immediately after the nice lady stops talking, so it's definitely the top one. It doesn't say exactly how high it is, but I would guess around 16kHz, it's a very high whistle. All the frequencies came out at the same subjective volume except a low one which was louder. I imagine that one hit the resonant frequency between my concrete floor & concrete ceiling about 8' above: so my next project is to make some stands for my subwoofers to decouple them from the floor! Btw, I'm 63 now & had expected my HF hearing to have gone the way of all flesh by now...

Clean ears is definitely the way to go if you want clean sound!

Dave