Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap with QTS 4.2 or higher and x86_64/I686/X86 support !

QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86/i*86/x86_64 architecture with qts 4.2 or higher
    Here you can always find the latest version of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64/i686/x84 and mixed X86-64 systems with QTS4.2 or higher.
    At the moment only support for x86_64/i686/x86. Before installing do login with ssh shell and do uname -m, it should then say x86_64/x86/i686.
    It will install the LogitechMediaServer source on the Qnap, as can de found on the Nightly build website.
    It will support Spotty, YouTube and Radio paradise out off the box.
    ( Perl 5.24.0 64bit/32bit, Mozilla-CA-20160104, Net-SSLeay-1.82 ( build with openssl-1.0.2m ), IO-Socket-SSL-2.052 and JSON-2.90 )
    Questions or trouble regarding LogitechMediaServer, go to the SlimDevices forum.
    The only thing i supply is a proper way to install LogitechMediaServer and a init-script so it will startup correctly.
    It`s a standalone version, which does not need extra software like a Optware/Entware. ( But by installing you can add extra functions ( Lame support ), or better audio support )

New release of QLogitechMediaServer V1.07.2 for Qnap QTS 4.2 or higher with x86_64/i686/x86 ( 11-02-2018 )
    MDS5 check [ 25bc3c5376e16c6796c23982ad1ce3b2 LogitechMediaServer_1.07.2.qpkg ]

QLogitechMediaServer_V1.07.2 for Qnap x86/i386/i686/x86_64 with QTS 4.2 or higher !

=================== QLogitechMediaSever version 1.07.2 ========================

+ Fix on some older QNap nas systems, it would start twice after reboot.
    + Fix for check that services is running after reboot. ( was not correct
    found, due to some older nas systems do not handle some commands on
    reboot ) ( Many thanks to JASELL, to let me uses his QNap to find those two
    errors )
    + Fix for PlayListDirectory's, when there is a space in the name . ( Thanks
    to TobbeLino )

=================== QLogitechMediaSever version 1.07 ===================

+ From this version, included in the appstore off QNapClub!
    + Add support for x86/i386/i686 and mixed x86_64 nas systems.
    ( there must be ld-linux.so.2 and or ld-linux_x86_64.so.2 available )
    ( The i686 Perl is made by Qnapfan, many thanks for his support and hard work )
    + Fixed the auto update function, now nightly and update can separably set.
    + Change some minor things in the installation script, for better error check !
    + Change some minor thing in the init-script, so it will check errors on startup.
    + Now user of V1.05, can use this version to.
    + Change ownership on SlimServer/, now it will also set the group everyone.
    ( Please don’t do anything on the SlimServer/ regarding ownership. )
    + Move the clean template directory, earlier in startup.
    ( fix for blank webgui )
    (PLEASE check if you're Qnap is supported, it relays on the file /lib/ld-linux.so.2 or ld-linux-x86-64.so.2. One or both must be on you're QNap system
    And also do uname -m to check if the right architecture is available !.
    The installation will do, and if it wont meet the requirements will stop the installation ! )

================================================== =======================

QLogitechMediaServer_V1.07 for Qnap x86_64/x86/i686 with QTS 4.2 or higher !

++ Last Stable version !++++++
    Last edited by digimaster; Yesterday at 15:55.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
    Serval raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

I am getting a lot off question regarding how to upgraded earlier QLogitechMediaServer installations before V1.07.
    So here will try to explain how you could make it upgraded through the AppCenter from Qnap.

There are two ways you could try, the first is to get a nice clean installation. ( Which i suggest to do )
    With the second you keep you're already installed QLogitechMediaServer, and after adjusting qpkg.conf will be part of the myapps from QnapClub myapps.

[ The First solution, recommend so you get a nice and clean installation, with you're old settings !]

Logon to you're Qnap nas system by a ssh shell.
    Do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer ]
    then [ cp -R Cache /share/Multimedia/Cache ] ( will take awhile to get ready ), [ cp -R prefs /share/Multimedia/prefs ].
    Now go to the AppCenter from Qnap, and uninstall QlogitechMediaServer, then reboot you're Qnap. ( just to be sure nothing is interfering )
    No if you don't have the QnapClub appstore, look on the site https://www.qnapclub.eu how to add it.
    Then go in the Appcenter, and QNap Club appstore, and look for qlogitechmediaserver, should be under the entertainment section.
    Install it from there, and when installed and running, do following.
    Logon to you're QNap nas system again by ssh shell, do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/ ], [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh stop ].
    Then [ cp -R /share/Multimedia/Cache SlimServer/Cache/ ] , [ cp /share/Multimedia/prefs SlimServer/prefs ].
    Now do [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ], which should give something like QLogitechMediaServer was already stopped.
    Also there will come a message "Starting LogitechMediaServer in Background", then its started running again.
    Be aware depending on how many plugins there are installed, can take a time, before you can access the webgui, some times several minutes.
    On a error messages do [ /bin/chown -R squeezeboxserver:everyone SlimServer/ ] and [ /bin/chmod -R 0775 SlimServer/ ]
    once again do [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ]

Don't forget to do [ rm -r /share/Multimedia/Cache ] and [ rm -r /share/Multimedia/prefs ] after its running again.

Now you got a clean installation, which will get the upgraded through the appstore from QnapClub.
    So next time, can simply be upgraded through the web-interface from the Qnap AppCenter.

[ The second way, where you leave the QLogitechMediaServer config as it is ]

Make sure you got QnapClub appstore setup correctly in the Qnap AppCenter.
    https://www.qnapclub.eu
    Logon to you're QNap nas system by ssh shell, do [ cd /etc/config ]
    First do [ cp qpkg.conf qpkg.conf.org ], to make a back if something went wrong !
    Open qpkg.conf with you're favorite editor like vi/joe/jed/nano, and find the section under [LogitechMediaServer].
    Then under the line Enable = TRUE, insert the line store = b23c4c609ac7b04f6b6595e9f6bec8c4.
    Now save the file, and go to the AppCenter from QNap, look under QnapClub myapps.
    There it should show-up, and can be upgraded through the webgui.

After this upgrading goes through the webgui off Qnaps AppCenter, so no need to do some like this anymore.
    Keep in mind from now on, all the releases go through qnapclub.eu website and there appstore.
    Because for me its better to manage, and users easier to upgrade if a newer version is available.
    You could always download the latest version from there website, and do the Manuel installation.
    I will even keep using the forums to inform when a newer version is available with a link to the file.

And on any error while installing or startup, please read PLEASE-READ-FIRST.txt first and look at the log-files and you're system setup.
    Most startup errors come from old installations from ssots/ssods or perl/optware-perl setups. ( Most of you tried strange thing, to get spotty to work )
    Also if you copied back old Cache/prefs directories, and then startup give a error a corrupted plug-in.
    Always tested it first before copying old settings back.
    A advise is maybe use QOptware-NG as optware solution, i uses this now for a long time beside QLogitechMediaServer.

Hope you will enjoy LogitechMediaServer, like i do on my Qnap again.
    And remember i tried to make a LogitechMediaServer installation, which completely depends on the QNap QTS.
    So it will survey a update/upgraded.
    LogitechMediaServer will be updated by the slimdevices website.

Last edited by digimaster; 2018-02-17 at 08:20.

Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

I tried going the upgrade route by changing the qpkg.conf file (against your good advice).
    It did indeed pick it up and show on the apps menu with an upgrade option, but on trying to upgrade it still comes back with the error that the 'the internal name of QLogitechMediaServer has been registered by QLogitechMediaServer.

So I followed your preferred route and did a remove followed by a clean install, and that's probably best for others too, since (hopefully) it is the only time it has to be done now.

Quote Originally Posted by yeomanspc View Post
    I tried going the upgrade route by changing the qpkg.conf file (against your good advice).
    It did indeed pick it up and show on the apps menu with an upgrade option, but on trying to upgrade it still comes back with the error that the 'the internal name of QLogitechMediaServer has been registered by QLogitechMediaServer.

So I followed your preferred route and did a remove followed by a clean install, and that's probably best for others too, since (hopefully) it is the only time it has to be done now.
    It's the best way, but copy Cache and prefs directory. So you can put it back later, and by that way save you're old settings.

Send from my mobile Phone

Here a tip for the advanced users.

Install Qoptware-NG v2.05, then follow the instructions on how to un install and reinstall QLogitechMediaServer with backup off youĺre settings. Also look in the QnapClub appstore and install sortmyQPKGs.

Now LMS is running on a 32ELF/32 bits perl. Which will uses around 100MB less memory.
    The other benefited 32ELF/32 bits commands/programs which look for a special file in the /lib, will find it again and work as they did on QTS 4.2 or lower.

SortmyQPKGs will start any helping QPKG/app first on boot, so QPKG/apps which relay on this can find and uses them.