Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezer won't connect to SBT

Hi Guys,
    Please be gentle with me because I am not that techie! I have set my Touch up and it is working perfectly. However I would like to control my touch with my android phone. I installed Squeeze Player and Squeezer. Although I can use my phone as a player I cannot use it to remotely control my touch. When I first installed the 2 apps there was a drop down menu in Squeezer that gave me a choice of my phone or the Touch and when I selected my Touch I could work it remotely. However for some strange reason that drop down menu has disappeared from Squeezer and I can only use my phone as a player. I have tried and purchased other apps, Logitech Squeezebox Controller and Squeezebox Remote Premium but they do not work!
    Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by langmad View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Please be gentle with me because I am not that techie! I have set my Touch up and it is working perfectly. However I would like to control my touch with my android phone. I installed Squeeze Player and Squeezer. Although I can use my phone as a player I cannot use it to remotely control my touch. When I first installed the 2 apps there was a drop down menu in Squeezer that gave me a choice of my phone or the Touch and when I selected my Touch I could work it remotely. However for some strange reason that drop down menu has disappeared from Squeezer and I can only use my phone as a player. I have tried and purchased other apps, Logitech Squeezebox Controller and Squeezebox Remote Premium but they do not work!
    Please help!
    Is your Touch connected to LMS or mysqueezebox.com?

Reboot your Touch?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22 > Edifier R980T
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Hi Kidstypike,
    Thanks for trying to help. My SBT is connected to Mysqueezebox.com & LMS. I have rebooted (Unplugged from the mains) the SBT and deleted and reinstalled the 2 apps on my phone!

Hi Kidstypike,
    Thanks for trying to help. My SBT is connected to Mysqueezebox.com & LMS. I have rebooted (Unplugged from the mains) the SBT and deleted and reinstalled the 2 apps on my phone!
    Your Touch can only be connected to one server, it can't be connected to LMS and mysqueezebox.com at the same time.

On your Touch navigate to Home > My Music, it should then connect to you local LMS. Do you now see your Touch in Squeezer?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)

Kidstypike you are a star! I powered on my Touch and there was a message about the server and I selected LMS and the dropdown menu reappeared on my phone and now works perfectly. I am a little confused at the difference between Mysqueezebox.com and LMS.
    Thank you mate

Kidstypike you are a star! I powered on my Touch and there was a message about the server and I selected LMS and the dropdown menu reappeared on my phone and now works perfectly. I am a little confused at the difference between Mysqueezebox.com and LMS.
    Thank you mate
    Good!

LMS runs on a computer/NAS/laptop/Raspberry Pi/etc. on your local network, you would connect to this if you wished to play your own music files, internet radio and certain plugins, the computer would need to be switched on with LMS running.

mySqueezebox.com is for those who don't want to run LMS on a computer, you can listen to internet radio and certain apps, but not you own music files.