X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slartibartfast
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kidstypike
    LMS is 7.9.1 latest, installed 30 mins ago.

LMS is on a Pi with piCorePlayer, not M2P, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Spotty updated to latest, 2.1.8, 30 mins ago.
    Just installed latest 7.9.1, uninstalled and reinstalled 2.1.8 and still see this when attempting a player switch.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• tfec
      • Oct 2005

Inside the app have you switched off 'looking for local players only'?
      LMS 9.0 on MacBookPro (2016) ⏐ 1x RaspPi Zero 2 W + moOde 7 UPnP as USB-Player ➔ TEAC UD-501 DAC ➔ Phonitor Mini Headphone Amplifier ➔ AKG K812 Headphones ⏐ WiiM Pro Plus ➔ Arcam FMJ A22+P25 BiAmping ➔ B&W Nautilus 805 ⏐ 6x Squeezebox Radio (Red, White, Black), 1x ESP Muse Luxe , 1x Raspbery Pi4 + Allo Boss 2 ⏐ 2 Squeezebox Classics in silver and black

Comment

• slartibartfast
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tfec
        Inside the app have you switched off 'looking for local players only'?
        It doesn't seem to matter how that is set. I have tried both settings.

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• kidstypike
          • Feb 2007

Mine switches players, but mutes the volume.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spottyandroid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1564046
          Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
          Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
          Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
          Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• mherger
            Babelfish's Best Boy
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by slartibartfast
            Just installed latest 7.9.1, uninstalled and reinstalled 2.1.8 and still see this when attempting a player switch.

Did you do as you're told: play some music, then select the target player?
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
            (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

[Announce] Spotty 2.0.0 - SpotifyConnect for your Squeezebox

> When I switch in Spotify (runningon my Mac) from one device to another,
              > they all are playing. But everytime I change the player they start
              > muted, so I have to set the volume by hand.

I've seen the volume issue, too. But I can't reproduce it at will. Will
              keep investigating.

--

Michael
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• mherger
                Babelfish's Best Boy
                • Apr 2005

[Announce] Spotty 2.0.0 - SpotifyConnect for your Squeezebox

> In the meantime, what is the installation process for Spotty & what else
                > (if anything) is it dependent on?

There's not much you have to do: just install the plugin like any
                plugin. Then go to Settings/Advanced/Spotty to authenticate.

--

Michael
                Michael

Comment

• slartibartfast
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mherger
                  Yes music was playing when the message popped up.

Comment

• rbz5416
                    • Jun 2007

Updated LMS to last night's 7.9.1 & tried again. Same issue stuck at starting & nothing in the log.

I'll give up now.

If it ain't broke...
                    Last edited by rbz5416; 2018-02-13, 12:45.

Comment

• rbz5416
                      • Jun 2007

Then go to Settings/Advanced/Spotty to authenticate.

--

Michael
                      Why is there no mention of this in the announcement? Not that it makes any difference to me as I can't even start LMS with the plugin installed.
                      Last edited by rbz5416; 2018-02-13, 18:19.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                        • Jan 2010

Just tried installing Spotty on my Windows 7 laptop and see exactly the same issue. This makes no sense.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                          • Jan 2010

Just to be clear I can switch between non squeezebox players as many times as I like but as soon as I select a Squeezebox I am stuck.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                            • Jan 2010

I have just tried installing spotty 2.1.0 and still see the issue. I can't help thinking this coincides with Spotify ending support for other connect enabled devices but for some weird reason it only seems to affect me. [emoji20]

Comment

• NeverSimple
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                              In the last few days I have noticed that switching between squeezebox players in the Android Spotify app is impossible. Does this still work for you? It was working perfectly until last week.

Update. If anyone else using the Android Spotify app could also check whether switching between players works for them that would be very helpful.
                              Ok, I guess it depends on how you define "it works". I never used this so I tested this as you requested.
                              I still had Spotty 2.1.1 running and first tested with that. Both Connect targets are SB Touch, both were turned on beforehand, not playing anything. Used the Spotify app on my phone to Connect to one touch, played fine, then switched to the other Touch. The first stopped playback (but kept it's position) and the second one started playing from the time when I switched. Did this a couple of times without problems.
                              Upgraded to Spotty 2.1.8. Restarted LMS and both Touch'es. I can still switch between them in the same way, but now every time the Touch I switch TO get's it's volume set to zero. If I turn up the volume it plays normally. I tried this 5 times and the same behaviour. The target touch plays, but with the volume set to zero.

So, yes I can switch between players, but have to turn up the volume every time I do that.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by NeverSimple
                                Ok, I guess it depends on how you define "it works". I never used this so I tested this as you requested.
                                I still had Spotty 2.1.1 running and first tested with that. Both Connect targets are SB Touch, both were turned on beforehand, not playing anything. Used the Spotify app on my phone to Connect to one touch, played fine, then switched to the other Touch. The first stopped playback (but kept it's position) and the second one started playing from the time when I switched. Did this a couple of times without problems.
                                Upgraded to Spotty 2.1.8. Restarted LMS and both Touch'es. I can still switch between them in the same way, but now every time the Touch I switch TO get's it's volume set to zero. If I turn up the volume it plays normally. I tried this 5 times and the same behaviour. The target touch plays, but with the volume set to zero.

So, yes I can switch between players, but have to turn up the volume every time I do that.
                                The volume is a known issue but at least switching works in that you can actually switch. Looks like it is just me.

Comment

Working...