Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

pcp 3.22 which 5" touchscreen for jivelite is working best?

Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I┤m using pcp 3.22 now for a couple of days and is it just fun to play with it.
    Thank you for this great piece of software.

I┤m using a raspberry pi 2 with a wifi dongle in the kitchen and a raspberry pi 3 with lan in the dining room. Both with hifibery amp+
    Now I want to upgrade both pi┤s a little bit with two 5" Touchscreens.

So my question: Which 5" Touchscreen is the best choice for this task. I found a waveshare 5" on amazon,
    but saw that that there is a lot of
    cahnges to do, are there touchscreen that are working (nearly) out of the box? Or is the waveshare better implementet jet?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings Elluminatus

is the 5'' size mandatory for you?

I am using the official Raspberry LCD touch screen and it is almost perfect and there are on the market tons of boxes of different shape to fit inside the HW

The official touch screen runs perfectly out of the box

check if the size\resolution of the 5'' waveshare is compatible with the Jivelite skins

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    is the 5'' size mandatory for you?

I am using the official Raspberry LCD touch screen and it is almost perfect and there are on the market tons of boxes of different shape to fit inside the HW

The official touch screen runs perfectly out of the box

check if the size\resolution of the 5'' waveshare is compatible with the Jivelite skins
    +1 for the official 7" Raspberry LCD touch screen, here's one of mine:

Name:  picoreplayer and frog.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  103.8 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22 > Edifier R980T
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

another +1 for the official 7" Raspberry LCD touch screen

It is a bit more expensive than the cheapest 5 inch but it is a quality display that will give you a lot of community support.
    pcp will give you all you need to get it running in little time.

For a housing look for rasptouch. It will give a high quality finished set. The only tinkering you need is at the back panel to match your outputs with the holes

Greetz M-H