Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

What app for controlling Squeezbox Radio?

2 of my IOS apps stoped working when i updated my IOS so now i had to buy iPeg to be able to controll my Squeezbox Radio.
    Are there any other apps out there? I don't like iPeg very much. So many options and small text do aim at when in bed sleepy.

ToddeSwe

I use SqueezePad on my iPad, not sure if it's iPhone compatible (and you don't say whether you're using a phone or tablet).

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

If you have an Iphone or Ipod Touch you could try 'SlimLibrary'.
    Bridged Silent Server -> Transporter -> Lyngdorf TDAI 2200 Amp with Room Perfect -> Art Emotion Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I use SqueezePad on my iPad, not sure if it's iPhone compatible (and you don't say whether you're using a phone or tablet).

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    If you have an Iphone or Ipod Touch you could try 'SlimLibrary'.
    Thanks both but Sqeezepad couldn't be found due to i'm using an iPhone i think.

SlimLibrary looks what i want, does it contains radio as well? Just showed TuneIn and i'm mostly using the radiopart.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
    Thanks both but Sqeezepad couldn't be found due to i'm using an iPhone i think.

SlimLibrary looks what i want, does it contains radio as well? Just showed TuneIn and i'm mostly using the radiopart.
    SlimLibrary has a 'Radio' section which houses the usual LMS radio functions and a 'My Apps' section which houses the Apps you have previously installed in LMS (In my case Radio Paradise, BBC Iplayer, TuneIn Radio and What Was That Tune? - yours will obviously be different).
    Bridged Silent Server -> Transporter -> Lyngdorf TDAI 2200 Amp with Room Perfect -> Art Emotion Speakers

But if you think iPeng already has small text ...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    But if you think iPeng already has small text ...
    From what i saw it was more of a thumb cruising app. Am i wrong? Have to take a peak again then.
    I liked the original ones. Just to set the sleep-timer is 4 presses away in iPeng.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
    From what i saw it was more of a thumb cruising app. Am i wrong? Have to take a peak again then.
    I liked the original ones. Just to set the sleep-timer is 4 presses away in iPeng.
    No, it's not. Sleep timer is one long-press on the big "pause" button in iPeng, can't get it much easier
    The small pause button at the top of the screen will do, too, but you won't reach that with a thumb. But it means: wherever you are in iPeng, sleep timer is always directly accessible.

And I don't think SlimLibrary has a sleep timer setting at all...

Also ... even if you use the menu iPeng has one click less than Logitech's App, that one was four clicks, iPeng is three (bring down player list, tap "i", select "sleep"; and that's from wherever you are in the app)

And if it's just about playing something I don't think there's anything you can't reach with just the tumb in iPeng. OK, on iPhone Plus size devices this probably means left-handed use to get out of the NowPlaying screen since you can't do the iOS-system-gesture for "back" with the right-hand thumb on that device; but that's a general iPhone UI thing that back buttons are hard to reach with a thumb.
    All other menus will work, though, since iPeng lets you swipe "back" anywhere on the screen in all other menus, not just from the left edge.

So I think iPeng is actually pretty thumb-cruising friendly...

SlimLibrary is completely inconsistent here. In some menus swiping back works in others it doesn't, even from the left edge.
    Last edited by pippin; Yesterday at 15:34.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch