Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To insist on what Mnyb already asked: if *all* of your players have a problem reaching the server, have a look at the server.

In some cases SB3s or Booms can briefly display they can't connect the server when in fact they can connect the server, but the server is too busy to answer in due time.

I've seen this when for some reason LMS gets wonky and runs away with nearly 100% of the CPU, or when sox transcoding process(es) run besides LMS. Sox is very greedy for CPU time and can push LMS to the background.
    You can test this theory be rebooting the piCore machine entirely, then play some mp3 or AAC radio stream from a single, then multiple players and see if the problem persists.

If the problem is still there, I would temporarily delete the switch from the path, change the ethernet cable used for the Pi server and try again.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

"monetary loss"? Is there a slot to put a quarter in?

Seriously, my suggestion would be to disconnect all players except for the classic and see if that resolves the problem. I had a similar issue with my hardwired Squeezebox when it was synced to a wireless piCoreplayer. I disconnected the piCore and the momentary stalling issue went away. Then I had to troubleshoot the piCoreplayer which turned out to be an issue with my bridge.
    Last edited by stereoptic; Yesterday at 09:05.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    "monetary loss"? Is there a slot to put a quarter in?

Seriously, my suggestion would be to disconnect all players except for the classic and see if that resolves the problem. I had a similar issue with my hardwired Squeezebox when it was synced to a wireless piCoreplayer. I disconnected the piCore and the momentary stalling issue went away. Then I had to troubleshoot the piCoreplayer which turned out to be an issue with my bridge.
    I have tried moving the picore server directly to the Router - connected by Ethernet cable. The SqBox Classic Display has not flickered since.

I can leave the server in this position (the beauty of this size of server), but this would point towards some lag on the Network, probably due to network switches.

I have not had any other Audio dropouts, though not had a chance to fully load up and test.

Ref CPU getting loaded up - what are the options for seeing / monitoring this? I assume not on the web interface?

Thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
    Ref CPU getting loaded up - what are the options for seeing / monitoring this? I assume not on the web interface?
    You can login via ssh and type
    and watch it dynamically update
    type "q" (without quotes) to quit back to command line.

Thanks - I’ll give that a go....