Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    [OT]AFAIK my System is safe and i do some very nice tricks to make my Network safe as possible[/OT]
    I have to annoy people like you to make it as safe as possible.

774 seems to work - just updated the wiki
    0770 should work, too. That's what I had for years.

btw. make sure squeezeboxserver is in group everyone...
    cat /etc/group | grep squeezeboxserver
    It is somehow defined via ACL.

or even better add a group for you and squeezeboxserver like mentioned in the wiki article and chown you and that group to you lms used files...
    I did that, but then schumaku (QNAP guru) at the QNAP forum said I shouldn't do that because that's not how it's done with QNAP. That's why I reset these octal permission to default and set permissions via QNAP's Advanced Folder Permissions. Having done that, folders created on the share in windows with default permission (0770) were found again by LMS.

Now I have to find out why the same file can be scanned in a folder but not in a playlist. Well, tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your patience!
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2018-01-08 at 15:43.
    LMS 7.9.1@1.05 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    set permissions via QNAP's Advanced Folder Permissions. Having done that, folders created on the share in windows with default permission (0770) were found again by LMS.

Now I have to find out why the same file can be scanned in a folder but not in a playlist. Well, tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your patience!
    Your using ACLs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by http://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.1/SMB/de/index.html?share_folders.htm
    Windows ACL

Über „Windows ACL“ konfigurieren Sie die Rechte auf Subordner- und Dateiebene vom Windows File Explorer. Alle Windows-Rechte werden unterstützt. Detailliertes Windows ACL-Verhalten entnehmen Sie bitte den Standard-NTFS-Rechten: http://www.ntfs.com/#ntfs_permiss
    • Damit Sie einem Benutzer oder einer Benutzergruppe Subordner- und Dateirechte zuweisen können, benötigt der Benutzer oder die Benutzergruppe vollständige Kontrollrechte auf Freigabeebene.
    • Wenn Windows ACL aktiviert ist, während „Erweiterte Ordnerberechtigungen“ deaktiviert ist, wirken sich Subordner- und Dateirechte nur aus, wenn per Windows File Explorer auf den NAS zugegriffen wird. Benutzer, die sich via FTP, AFP oder File Station mit dem NAS verbinden, haben nur Rechte auf Freigabeebene.
    • Wenn sowohl Windows ACL als auch Erweiterte Ordnerberechtigungen aktiviert sind, können Benutzer Erweiterte Ordnerberechtigungen nicht über die NAS-Benutzerschnittstelle konfigurieren. Die Rechte (Nur Lesen, Lesen/Schreiben und Verweigern) von Erweiterten Ordnerberechtigungen für AFP, File Station und FTP befolgen automatisch die Windows ACL-Konfiguration.
    Und damit wird klar, warum das execute verloren geht und das eXecute braucht lms für die playlisten.

Frag den Guru mal, wie du dem User squeezeboxserver anstatt den echten Pfad die Freigabe verbindest, um die dann zu nutzen.
    Das ist zwar mit dem Bolzenschussgerät durch die Brust ins knie zum Auge aber (sagte ich bereits das ich qnap ganz super finde?)
    Last edited by DJanGo; 2018-01-08 at 16:09.

Your using ACLs!!!

Und damit wird klar, warum das execute verloren geht und das eXecute braucht lms für die playlisten.
    (Windows ACL support ist aus.)

Aber warum kann ich dann Playlists anlegen und auch abspielen? Die gehen ja nur bei einem Scan flöten. [Korrektur: Man kann sie anlegen, aber nicht abspielen. Allerdings bleibt die Frage:] Und warum ging das alles mal?

(sagte ich bereits das ich qnap ganz super finde?)
    Ich meinte, so etwas herausgehört zu haben.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2018-01-08 at 16:39.

Code:
    ls -l|grep Playlists
    drwxrwx---   3 dolodobendan   everyone        4096 Jan  8 17:38 Playlists/
    Newly created playlists have rw-rw----, with squeezeboxserver as owner and group. And they work - Until I do a rescan.
    As i mentioned before - squeezebox needs the x to playlists.
    Please make sure the user squeezeboxserver of everyone.

If thats already fact - and didnt work -> chown that Folder from you to squeezeboxserver

Maybe the new created playlists are cached somewhere...?

As i mentioned before - squeezebox needs the x to playlists.
    I got that now.

Please make sure the user squeezeboxserver of everyone.
    As I cannot assign users to group everyone in QNAP, I'll make a new group, put squeezeboxserver and myself in it and set this new group for all folders that LMS might access.

----- Edit ----->

But: You were right. In QNAP, squeezeboxserver was not in "everyone", because it was "disabled". And before you say: "Why didn't you see that earlier?!" - I did. And I asked if this is somehow important. The answer was:

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Try the Help button to understand, what „disabled“ means, maybe?
    And so I did, but the only info I found there on something being disabled was

Code:
    If the feature is disabled, the home folders will remain in the share “homes” and can only be accessed by “admin”.
    Since I cannot believe that LMS would run with a disabled user running the process on the one hand but removing the user from "everyone" when disabled on the other: I still have no clue what "disabled" means here.

<----- Edit -----

If thats already fact - and didnt work -> chown that Folder from you to squeezeboxserver
    While I guess that might work, newly created files will have me as owner and are invisible again.

Maybe the new created playlists are cached somewhere...?
    Ah, of course. The cached playlists (the player's "Now playing" lists) are not on the share, so the permissions are ok, while the same playlist saved in the playlist folder is not accessible because of the missing x.

Erm, but I checked these cached playlists (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/prefs). They have rw-r--r-- as permissions (squeezeboxserver as owner and group). And since it's outside of ACL jurisdiction (=not on the share)... I'm even more confused now. And just when I thought I understood the basics. Impressive. Ich geh dann mal in den Keller heulen.

Edit 2:

Yeah, enabling the user squeezeboxserver adds it to everyone. It works now (why a disabled user could access my music (and not the playlist...) - I don't want to think about this, right? It worked with the user disabled for years, btw., so I think this has to do with digimaster's installer and better handling of permissions). I kinda wish someone had said "enable that" a few days ago when I asked about that or at least have said "yeah, you guessed wrong, try again", then I wouldn't have had to entertain all of you guys that much. (There's a small chance that digimaster's latest installer or the latest LMS did this, because LMS updated automatically after I shut it down, so I did update the installer, too, because... new is always better?)

To conclude:

1. Thank you for your help.
    2. Thank you for your patience.
    3. I'm sorry that I've been a bit troublesome, but I do hope that others with even less knowledge about this can learn from my mistakes.
    4. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

(Now I just hope it works with my regular library.)
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2018-01-09 at 13:55.

To conclude:

1. Thank you for your help.
    2. Thank you for your patience.
    3. I'm sorry that I've been a bit troublesome, but I do hope that others with even less knowledge about this can learn from my mistakes.
    4. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

(Now I just hope it works with my regular library.)
    1. Thanks for the thanks
    2. your welcome
    3. The Day you go to bed with the same knowledge as you wake up is the worst day ever
    4. .....