Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    11

    Sqeezebox pushbutton remove?

    Hi

    I got my used sqeezebox radio from a friend and it has been standing in the kitchen so the knobs is very sticky from cooking.
    I've tried dishwasing YES that we have here in sweden but it's to much job to do it this way.
    Can someone tell me if i can remove the knob(s) and if so how?

    ToddeSwe

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
    Hi

    I got my used sqeezebox radio from a friend and it has been standing in the kitchen so the knobs is very sticky from cooking.
    I've tried dishwasing YES that we have here in sweden but it's to much job to do it this way.
    Can someone tell me if i can remove the knob(s) and if so how?

    ToddeSwe
    Er.... I am not an expert but I would strongly advise against putting the radio in the dishwasher......

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryS View Post
    Er.... I am not an expert but I would strongly advise against putting the radio in the dishwasher......

    Jerry
    He he he ... nah i was more thinking of putting the knobs in some washing-up liquid over night leting it soak for a while may get this sticky shit of them...

  4. #4
    Member KeBul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    94
    Hi,

    The knobs are coated with a thin layer of rubber paint and this can deteriorate and become sticky, so it may not be kitchen grease residue.

    Anyway, just pull the knobs straight out from the radio to get them off, they are just a friction fit on the spindles.

    Good luck with the clean up.

    Kev

    Edit - here's a link to another SBR sticky knob post:

    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-deteriorating
    Last edited by KeBul; 2018-01-06 at 12:20.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    Hi,

    The knobs are coated with a thin layer of rubber paint and this can deteriorate and become sticky, so it may not be kitchen grease residue.

    Anyway, just pull the knobs straight out from the radio to get them off, they are just a friction fit on the spindles.

    Good luck with the clean up.

    Kev
    Aha ... but this must be from standing in the kitchen i think... they are so greasy that dust is all over them ... that can't be a normal stickiness...
    I've gently tried to pull the big one out but it's very firmly attched i think. Will give it a go again then.

    YES it worked! Thanks!!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    11
    What about the power on/off button, it's so sticky that it sometimes gets stuck in off mode untill it is releases itself...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •