Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Play on one SqueezeLite launch playlist on Squeezebox Radio

Hello,

I have 2 Squeezelites (One RPI3 Stretch with Squeezelite headless, one RPI3 Stretch with TFT screen and Jivelite + Squeezelite - last github versions from ralph-irving) and a 7.7.3-r16676 Squeezebox Radio, LMS 7.9.1~1513951369. When I open a playlist one my Jivelite + Squeezelite RPI3, sometimes, it launches the playlist on the Squeezebox Radio. Sync is disabled, each Squeezelite is started with its own mac address (the one from the Ethernet interface). Could you give some hints how to debug this?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by barberousse View Post
    Could you give some hints how to debug this?
    Hi,

just try this:

• make sure both players are online
    • greb any player with the lms webgui and add some tracks to the players playlist
    • shut exact that player off / unplug cable shutdown whatever
    • go ti the web gui and press play
    • the "next" player is getting the playlist

Thats exactly your problem - the one rpi isnt online!

BTW dont use the onboard wlan from the rpi³
    Try to ping to that player after the next time - i would say its not online or - if you not disabled the inboard wlan nic - the onboard nic had taken over.
    Check (after the next ussue) for the mac adress.

Sure you’ve selected the correct player in JiveLight?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Sure you’ve selected the correct player in JiveLight?
    @Pippin
    maybe but here comes the "doesnt really matter / i tend to believe him for not using the wrong player" fact...

I use a autostartup script for my garden/garage player that sends via nc a playlist play playermac to the lms.
    After changing the USB DAC to another squeezelite just quits (cause of wrong outputdevice). The playlist starts that playlist on another active player.

Use my steps above if you dont trust me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Hi,

just try this:

• make sure both players are online
    • greb any player with the lms webgui and add some tracks to the players playlist
    • shut exact that player off / unplug cable shutdown whatever
    • go ti the web gui and press play
    • the "next" player is getting the playlist

Thats exactly your problem - the one rpi isnt online!

BTW dont use the onboard wlan from the rpi³
    Try to ping to that player after the next time - i would say its not online or - if you not disabled the inboard wlan nic - the onboard nic had taken over.
    Check (after the next ussue) for the mac adress.
    Thank you for your help.

I enabled the 3 players (squeezelite + jivelite + tft, headless squeezelite, squeezebox radio). I enabled some playlists from web gui, no problem. Then I enabled a playlist on jivelite, no problem. Then I pushed a button (Adafruit PiTFT 2.8" screen with 4 buttons) configured to triggers "go_now_playing_or_playlist" event, it showed the selected playlist on the good player, and started another playlist (???) on the headless squeezelite.

It might be a Jivelite bug.

I don't use WLAN nic, I disabled them completely, I'm on Ethernet only.

And by the way, I'm sure I selected the correct player...

I attached a log file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Play on one SqueezeLite launch playlist on Squeezebox Radio

Im still confused. Barberousse seems to use JiveLite for control and DJanGo the web interface, is this correct? Also the symptoms of the issues you two see seem to be somewhat different.
    If they both show this same behavior it looks like more of a server issue.

And what is this „another playlist“the wrong player is playing?

So this will also erase the existing playlist for the erroneously playing player or does this only happen if it doesn’t have a playlist at all?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Im still confused. Barberousse seems to use JiveLite for control and DJanGo the web interface, is this correct? Also the symptoms of the issues you two see seem to be somewhat different.
    If they both show this same behavior it looks like more of a server issue.

And what is this „another playlist“the wrong player is playing?

So this will also erase the existing playlist for the erroneously playing player or does this only happen if it doesn’t have a playlist at all?
    I can't be sure but it seems that these are 2 different issues.

On the 1st player with Jivelite, when playing a playlist, in "now playing" state, if I press a button (configured to toggle between "now playing" and "show current playlist", this is referred as "go_now_playing_or_playlist" action listener in Jivelite source code), it starts a different playlist on another player, sometimes the other squeezelite if it is on, or the squeezebox radio, that's what puzzles me.

I overwrites the current playlist on the 2nd player (empty or not), when going from "now playing" to "show current playlist" or from "show current playlist" to "now playing".
    Last edited by barberousse; 2018-01-05 at 13:49.

I made another test with log, I restarted LMS, I pushed the go_now_playing_or_playlist button on Jivelite (which is paused) and this time, a playlist is started on the squeezebox radio (00:04:20:2e:5a:04), cf. attached log file, line 394, always the same playlist.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Im still confused. Barberousse seems to use JiveLite for control and DJanGo the web interface, is this correct?
    We both use a script - me triggered by startup he on a button. I just want to show how that issue could be reproduced.
    i didnt have a issue - only the people around me *rofol ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by barberousse View Post
    I can't be sure but it seems that these are 2 different issues.

I overwrites the current playlist on the 2nd player (empty or not), when going from "now playing" to "show current playlist" or from "show current playlist" to "now playing".
    There is a non destructive playlist setting in lms for each player at first i would enable that (dont clean the playlist just add ne tracks) to save some time for debugging...

BTW: Your players are named individual in lms and in their hostnames and all of them have own ips? *duck*

I found the issue, and it is completely on my side:

- On one RPI3, I have squeezelite, and it is controlled by a bluetooth remote control, I redirect command from the remote control, translated as keyboard events, using the triggerhappy daemon to curl command, for instance curl "http://ipofmusicserver:9000/plugins/Favorites/index.html?player=b8:27:eb:x:xx:xx&action=play&ind ex=16"

- On the other RPI3, I have squeezelite, jivelite and pitft screen, with 4 buttons translated as keyboard events.

At some point, I had the same sd card image on both RPI3, with only slight script modification to launch as headless or pitft screen + jivelite device. The bluetooth remote control translation to curl commands was active on the 2nd RPI3, so when I pressed a pitft screen button, it was translated as a jivelite command, and consumed too by triggerhappy daemon, that was sending a curl command to activate the favorite playlist attached to the keyboard event. This was an old player id configuration in curl command, so LMS was sending the playlist on a random player. I disabled the triggerhappy configuration and the problem is gone.