Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by isoartoo View Post
    Guys and gals, hope you can forgive my nooby "rage" on suggesting a class action lawsuit (not that I have the energy to organize that anyway!)...I was just totally bummed at what tech support told me since I own 3 of these devices and use them all the time. I had no idea that Logitech "officially" stopped supporting these devices and that Michael was the un-official support guy...clearly thanks are in order and not "rage"?!

I will think/read before I shoot off my mouth again in the future!

At least from me .. No sweat, dude. I've certainly "never" shot my mouth off in a moment of internet rage before.

As of this morning, I have my favorite Slacker station back (a customized for me "AOhelL Sailing Away" that I've listened to for eons .. even before I bought my first SB way back when it was still SlimDevices). Thank you, Michael! I know that a lot of us tend to take you and Logitech's efforts for granted some time, but I want to thank you for fixing this so quickly! Although I mentioned that I usually listen to my own collection, sometimes I just get bored or don't have time to cue up my own music and it's nice to have these services to give me something to listen to at home and at work. Or even at home when I am working (most usual). Until even they bore me (which unfortunately, is often too quick) and I am back to my own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Well, they are in the market…. streaming from Smartphones to Logitech speakers….
    All the kids are doing it this way now!
    (but I prefer my SB Touch and SB Radios

Same here. The "kids" can have their streaming from their stupid phones (for the record: I have had almost every iteration of Galaxy Note myself, now on the Note 8, but find streaming/Bluetooth from a phone to be FAR inferior to Squeezebox Server and Squeezeboxen), but I will keep my SBoxen running as long as possible. I will even take to soldering parts onto my existing SB's to keep them alive. It would be AWESOME if Logitech would revisit and try again. Until then, I'm soon going to build an RPi with the 7"/10" screen since I never pulled the trigger on a Touch until they were gone (and I refuse to pay >$500 for one).

The SB system is just by far superior to anything even currently out there (e.g. Sonos .. so much potential and still disappointing). I even bought an Olive ONE and hardly ever use it. Prefer my good old SB Classic paired with a Controller, by far! Why is it that the superior systems that I buy into never seem to make it but the poor alternatives do? I even have a Digi5 system in my house that I LOVE to route audio to other rooms, but it didn't make it either and trying to find parts to expand/replace is next to impossible.
    Last edited by NFLnut; 2018-01-05 at 10:28.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    FWIW: the issue was triggered by the kernel updates Amazon installed to protect their infrastructure from the CPU vulnerabilities recently reported (http://meltdownattack.com). They somehow interfere with the firewall rules we have in place. I hope to have a fix, soon, as it shouldn't involve any code.

I'm shocked that a change at Amazon would take out Pandora and Slacker. 'Tells you how much I understand the innertoobz. Do both services really route through Amazon's servers? I know that AWS is immense, but I'm still shocked that both services would so rely on Amazon's servers instead of rolling their own.

Did Pandora stop working foranyone else?

> I'm shocked that a change at Amazon would take out Pandora and Slacker.

Hold on... that's not the case! Both services continued to work. It was
    the SB integration with them which failed, a problem on our end, just to
    be fair.

> I know that AWS is immense, but I'm
    > still shocked that both services would so rely on Amazon's servers
    > instead of rolling their own.

Services rely on them because they don't want to have to roll their own.
    Eg. this particular security issue was fixed by Amazon within hours/days
    of it becoming public knowledge. Many "self managed" systems likely will
    not be patched at all, simply because companies lack know-how or
    resources or whatever. There's a good reason why AWS et al. are so big.

--

Michael

Thank you

Michael and J,

Thank you for fixing this issue! I am sure everyone that uses the Squeezebox thanks you. I am sure that most would gladly pay for your continued support. The Squeezebox Touch is one of a kind and way ahead of the times. I wish that Logitech would provide these devices for others in the future. Please provide the feedback from myself and the others who responded, to your management.

Thank you,

JRM

Thanks!

Thanks so much to all who got Pandora running again on SB. I fought with Chromecast for two days and was really frustrated to see that Google home doesn't stop playing when I receive a phone call, like squeezecontrol does. So simple and elegant on SB!

I would add my 2 cents (or dollars) per month to keep SB going - I feel it is truly worth it.

AWS Products

Thanks for the information and explanation of Amazon's role.

AWS Products...wow!

Name:  shock face.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  48.1 KB
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    Thanks for the information and explanation of Amazon's role.

AWS Products...wow!

Name:  shock face.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  48.1 KB
    Totaly off topic now. But did you try to administrate and secure a complex and large server platform? It's in the details and you can fail in so many ways.

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet K1 mit Tapatalk
    sent from a computer using a keyboard