Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How setup Radio on Touch

Hello all,

I have had a Touch for a number of years. But I have never used the radio! But due to a change in my rig, I was contemplating using the Touch Radio.

I have tried going into LMS > local radio> Stations > selected my required station > Save. But it seems it did not save?

Do I need to set this up in My Squeezebox?

Can somebody give me pointer on how to set this up please?

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do. Just play a radio station? It should begin playing when you select it from the list of local stations. If not, it will display some kind of error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddie View Post
    ..... Do I need to set this up in My Squeezebox?
    yes.... Install TuneIn app and set local market.

Otherwise, your "local" market is determined by how your ISP reports it's IP's to the internet. Some are very specific, assigning and reporting IP's down to a few blocks in a neighborhood. While another ISP might show a wide generic region as "local" based on your assigned and reported IP.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    It's not clear to me what you're trying to do. Just play a radio station? It should begin playing when you select it from the list of local stations. If not, it will display some kind of error message.
    Yes - I would like to be able save several Radio Stations so I can play them via the touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddie View Post
    Yes - I would like to be able save several Radio Stations so I can play them via the touch.
    You don't need to "save" the radio stations to be able to play them, just press the Play button.

Name:  BBC play.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  43.8 KB

If you've pressed the save (heart) button you should see the station under Favourites.

Name:  pic01-01-2018-12.05.30.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  18.2 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22 > Edifier R980T
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio