Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

soptty not working on LMS 7.9.1

I’m hoping to get some help with using squeezebox touch and the spotty plug in. I have not been able to get spotify to work on LMS ever since the dropping of spotify plug in. I have installed the LMS (ver 7.9.1) a couple of times and can’t seem to get spotty working. When I select it on LMS I get this.
    “Spotty.exe has stopped working”
    a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Window will close the program & notify you if a solution is available.
    Any ideas on a fix would be greatly appreciated. Thanks T. J.

It has worked for me flawlessly on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 16.04, so we need more info on your setup.

I'd recommend switching off the plug ins you don't use. Then stop and restart LMS. Then post the log file.

...p
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 16.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540

Antivirus?
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity