Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    That is strange. That "feels" like a power save feature kicking in or else network connection gets interrupted - what version of putty and on what OS so I can check and see iof there any putty diagnostics that can be enabled..
    putty 0.68, windows 10 (1709), keepalive (null) packets are sent every 30 seconds

Not sure if this is progress.

The issues about putty stopping logging message - I have duplicated this and it is not a putty issue. On Radio to conserve log message space it cycle log file, after about 10 mins messages gets rename to messages.0 and a new messages is opened. The "tail -f" is still tied to messages.0 and so no new messages are added.

I have had a sort of "frozen" event - it looks like Radio has somehow reverted from MYSB.com to local LMS - however after repeated pressing of preset - station was played via mysb.com so not quite the same as yoru "frozen".

The error - "cannot allocate memory" does not occur on my Radio so I hope this is indicator of something. The Radio source routine which produces the error is below - it is a request to find the MAC address of the LMS or maybe MYSB.com. arp request is supposed to be run as a process so the "cannot allocate memory" could be either from the failure to create a new process or the failure of the arp command.

Code:
    -- comet has connected to SC
    function notify_cometConnected(self, comet)
    	if self.comet ~= comet then
    		return
    	end

log:info("connected ", self.name)

self.netstate = 'connected'
    	self.jnt:notify('serverConnected', self)

self.authFailureCount = 0

-- auto discovery SqueezeCenter's mac address
     	self.jnt:arp(self.ip, function(chunk, err)
    		if err then
    			log:debug("arp: " .. err)
    		else
    			log:info('self.mac being set to---->', self.mac)
    			self.mac = chunk
    		end
    	end)
    end

[QUOTE=bpa;904661]Not sure if this is progress.

The issues about putty stopping logging message - I have duplicated this and it is not a putty issue. On Radio to conserve log message space it cycle log file, after about 10 mins messages gets rename to messages.0 and a new messages is opened. The "tail -f" is still tied to messages.0 and so no new messages are added. [QUOTE]

Understooden. So there is no possibility to do a long-term logging?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I have had a sort of "frozen" event - it looks like Radio has somehow reverted from MYSB.com to local LMS - however after repeated pressing of preset - station was played via mysb.com so not quite the same as yoru "frozen".

The error - "cannot allocate memory" does not occur on my Radio so I hope this is indicator of something. The Radio source routine which produces the error is below - it is a request to find the MAC address of the LMS or maybe MYSB.com. arp request is supposed to be run as a process so the "cannot allocate memory" could be either from the failure to create a new process or the failure of the arp command.
    I'm sorry I don't fully understand that. Do you have any ideas what I could do then?

By the way: after the last surprising "self healing" two days ago I didn't have any further freezes yet

Quote Originally Posted by Eisbaer2 View Post
    Understooden. So there is no possibility to do a long-term logging?
    it's possible but it would need a little script to copy messages.0 at regular intervals (i.e. 10 min snapshots) and append/removing duplicates.
    For the moment, the issue is understood and if we need longer logs - there is a way.

I'm sorry I don't fully understand that. Do you have any ideas what I could do then?
    I'm not sure if "cant allocate memory" is a cause or a result of the "frozen" state. I'm going to check out the similar short lived "frozen" issue I saw on my Radio and understand it because it "feels" very similar to yours.

By the way: after the last surprising "self healing" two days ago I didn't have any further freezes yet
    Takes the immediate pressure off.

For what it's worth...

I started having 15s dropouts as soon as I synched playback between my Touch, Boom and Radio. I detected that as soon as I took the radio out of the synch, things worked fine. I also determined wireless connectivity was not the culprit.

I simply re-installed the Radio firmware. The exact same version. Oddly enough that fixed it. Three way synch all day, no issues.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 16.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540

Quote Originally Posted by pablolie View Post
    For what it's worth...

I started having 15s dropouts as soon as I synched playback between my Touch, Boom and Radio. I detected that as soon as I took the radio out of the synch, things worked fine. I also determined wireless connectivity was not the culprit.

I simply re-installed the Radio firmware. The exact same version. Oddly enough that fixed it. Three way synch all day, no issues.
    Thanks for this information. In my case only:
    - there is only one device (SBR) and a LMS, so there is no sync.
    - I already re-installed the newest firmware and already downgraded to an older firmware. Without any success. (upgraded again to the newest firmware after several freezes)
    So I don't think that will help me.

But I'm glad at the moment. Haven't had any freezes for a week now. Incredible!

Chromecast?

Hi, just out of curiosity: Do you have a Google chromecast or some other Google home device in your network?

I also had issues with freezing radios (though with some other symptoms), which were caused by a chromecast bug: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...r-till-restart

The bug fix is currently being rolled out, so that would explain why you don't have issues anymore.

Details on Chromecast bug below but I don't this is the issues

https://support.google.com/chromecas...-1516229539273

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohn View Post
    Hi, just out of curiosity: Do you have a Google chromecast or some other Google home device in your network?
    Thank you for the information.
    No, I don't have any chromecast devices in my network.