Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisbaer2 View Post
    Do you mean mysbc? If yes: I'll test it ASAP and write it here.

Best regards, Eisbaer2
    Ok, very strange. My radio was/is in faulty state again: When I turn it on (from standby) it shows the information of the last station that was turned on. It only doesn't play any music and it isn't possible to change to another station. And the wifi icon was red.

So I logged in in mysqc and changed the station from there. And - surprisingly - it worked! I hear the sound from the chosen web radio station. And the wifi icon turned to white. But: the faulty state continues. It isn't possible to change to another station with the buttons of the SBR it fails (nothing happens). When trying it via the menu (as mentioned the menu works) the turning blue cycle appears and stays there forever or until cancelling with the back button.

So full funtional via mysbc, almost non-functional via the on site hardware.

I'm at a loss... Ideas?

Does the router have wifi power saving ?
    Update: No, it hasn't.

Does the radio have a static IP address ?
    It has DHCP IP reservation. Do you think a static IP could solve my problem even though my SBR can be controlled remotely?

Best regards, Eisbaer2

Please connect the Radio to your LMS for a while. Would it show the same symptoms?

Are you using multiple add-ons like the weather forecast? If so, get rid of them all.

And please get us a new log file. We know this is old, and that you believe it behaves the same. But still.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

It has DHCP IP reservation. Do you think a static IP could solve my problem even though my SBR can be controlled remotely?
    The questions deals with two possibiltiies.
    1. If using dynamic IP then could there be issues about chaging IP address (e.g. old IP cached somewhere)
    2. If not using DHCP, could there be an error in basic network settings.

Using a reserved IP address with DHCP means:
    * that problems due to a changing IP address can be discounted ;
    * also by using DHCP means an error due to settings can also probably be ruled out.

Still no change...

I'm sorry for replying so late. I tried a few things:
    - DHCP-IP-reservation
    - Deleting the SBR in my router and creating a new DHCP-IP-reservation
    - static IP

So far no change. My SBR still freezes after about 1-2 days after the last reboot.

Attached several current log files.

Any further ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm sorry for replying so late. I tried a few things:
    - DHCP-IP-reservation
    - Deleting the SBR in my router and creating a new DHCP-IP-reservation
    - static IP

So far no change. My SBR still freezes after about 1-2 days after the last reboot.

Attached several current log files.

Any further ideas?
    The logs can be helpful but only if context is clear - they may be clear to you but not to someone who last looked at this issue 3 weeks ago.
    How do the logs relate to each other ?

Are these a random snapshot of the log or are they a log of when the SBR froze ? If it froze at what time did it freeze ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The logs can be helpful but only if context is clear - they may be clear to you but not to someone who last looked at this issue 3 weeks ago.
    How do the logs relate to each other ?

Are these a random snapshot of the log or are they a log of when the SBR froze ? If it froze at what time did it freeze ?
    Unfortunately I don't know exactly when the SBR freezes. Most of the time I want to start the SBR in the morning and have to realize the SBR froze someone during the night.

The three log files are from yesterday:
    1) messages.0_cut.txt is the oldest one
    2) messages.txt is newer
    3) Then I changed the SBR to a static IP and rebooted. So messages_static_ip.txt is the newest one with no freezes during the short time of logging.

How can I help clarifying the context even more?
    Last edited by Eisbaer2; 2018-01-10 at 06:12. Reason: complement

Unfortunately I don't know exactly when the SBR freezes. Most of the time I want to start the SBR in the morning and have to realize the SBR froze someone during the night.

The three log files are from yesterday:
    1) messages.0_cut.txt is the oldest one
    2) messages.txt is newer
    3) Then I changed the SBR to a static IP and rebooted. So messages_static_ip.txt is the newest one with no freezes during the short time of logging.
    The logs vary from 15mins to 40 mins all ending about 22:00 at night. So they are unlikely to show the "freeze" event.

You need to get an all night log where the Radio goes from Working to frozen at some point in the log. The usual way is to ssh from a PC into the Radio from a Terminal/putty type application and then issue a "tail -f" command on the log file -- ensure the Terminal/Putty command has an "infinite" scrolling window. Then leave ssh run until Radio has frozen (remember to disable power saving on PC). When Radio is known to have frozen copy logged message in the scrolling window into a file on the PC - Zip and attach to a post.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The logs vary from 15mins to 40 mins all ending about 22:00 at night. So they are unlikely to show the "freeze" event.

You need to get an all night log where the Radio goes from Working to frozen at some point in the log. The usual way is to ssh from a PC into the Radio from a Terminal/putty type application and then issue a "tail -f" command on the log file -- ensure the Terminal/Putty command has an "infinite" scrolling window. Then leave ssh run until Radio has frozen (remember to disable power saving on PC). When Radio is known to have frozen copy logged message in the scrolling window into a file on the PC - Zip and attach to a post.
    Thanks. So far I only copied the files via SCP from the SBR to my PC. Will try your suggestion.

Thanks. So far I only copied the files via SCP from the SBR to my PC. Will try your suggestion.
    I'm not sure if the log file in the SBR has a size limit since it is kept in RAM. Also if the "freeze" results in the Radio rebooting - the SBR log file is cleared and message will be lost - using the "tail -f" mehtod - if the radio reboots the SSH will be broken but the message will be "kept" in the scrolling window.