Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisbaer2 View Post
    How can I determine that?
    After the next freezing I plan to connect my SBR to a LAN cable for several days and see if the problem still occurs. I only don't have LAN at the usual location of the SBR.

By the way: you mentioned to uninstall applets. I think no applets are installed.
    The more I look at the log - the more it looks like everything is "normal" (i.e. I have seen similar logged messages on my SBR after connecting/disconnecting LMS / mysqeueezebox.com ) - just there is some sort of network disruption which needs to be characterised before it can be fixed.

The usual way to get jmore info is to enable better logging through SBR Menu Settings/Advanced/Logging

If squeezebox.server is set to DEBUG - the status of LMS / mysqueezebox.com connection is shown at intervals and if it changes messages are logged.

To see the state of the network connections you could enable net.socket to DEBUG but this generates lots of messages but it should "pinpoint" any Wifi disconnection issue.

I'd advise try setting squeezebox.server to DEBUG first.

I

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The more I look at the log - the more it looks like everything is "normal" (i.e. I have seen similar logged messages on my SBR after connecting/disconnecting LMS / mysqeueezebox.com ) - just there is some sort of network disruption which needs to be characterised before it can be fixed.

The usual way to get jmore info is to enable better logging through SBR Menu Settings/Advanced/Logging

If squeezebox.server is set to DEBUG - the status of LMS / mysqueezebox.com connection is shown at intervals and if it changes messages are logged.

To see the state of the network connections you could enable net.socket to DEBUG but this generates lots of messages but it should "pinpoint" any Wifi disconnection issue.

I'd advise try setting squeezebox.server to DEBUG first.

I
    Short update: As suggested I enabled the DEBUG mode for net.socket and squeezebox.server. Until now I've had no more freezes for about 4 days. Great!
    I only have a new phenomenon: often the wrong web radio logo is shown. That can be solved by pressing FR or FF several times. Doesn't bother me much.
    Last edited by Eisbaer2; 2018-01-16 at 01:12.

Short update: As suggested I enabled the DEBUG mode for net.socket and squeezebox.server. Until now I've had no more freezes for about 4 days. Great!
    I only have a new phenomenon: often the wrong web radio logo is shown. That can be solved by pressing FR or FF several times. Doesn't bother me much.
    Enabling logging should not fix a problem - it has just changed the symptoms.

The image issues sounds like the network request/response for new image is getting "lost" in your network connection and the FF/FR is just a manual way of repeating the requests. IIRC mysqueezebox.com does the image resizing - long delays can happen.

Enabling logging should not fix a problem - it has just changed the symptoms.

The image issues sounds like the network request/response for new image is getting "lost" in your network connection and the FF/FR is just a manual way of repeating the requests. IIRC mysqueezebox.com does the image resizing - long delays can happen.
    Unfortunately the freeze happened again. About an hour ago everything went fine. Then changing web radio stations took longer and longer. And finally it froze. But it is still possible to remote control it via mysqueezebox.com.

Attached the current log files: 2018-01-16 - SBR logs.zip

The logs are too short - only 10 mins and I don't know time frame of "took longer & longer"

The DEBUG setting has shown network connections is OK but connection to server drops and also another message has appeared
    Code:
    Jan 16 21:32:49 squeezeplay: DEBUG  squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:775 arp: arp 192.168.178.31: Cannot allocate memory
    Jan 16 21:32:50 squeezeplay: DEBUG  squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:775 arp: arp baby.squeezenetwork.com: Cannot allocate memory
    I need to run tests to see if this is "normal" or specific to your setup.

If it is specific to your network - it would indicate a gradual loss of free memory which typically ends up with a blocked system.

arp is related to networks -
    How does your server suspend LMS ? is it a whole system shutdown ?
    Do you have a simple network (i.e single router) or a complex one with, for example, any of the following: mulitple routers, APs, bridges, VLANs, VPNs, MAC spoofing, dynamic reconfiguration etc.

The logs are too short - only 10 mins and I don't know time frame of "took longer & longer"

The DEBUG setting has shown network connections is OK but connection to server drops and also another message has appeared
    Code:
    Jan 16 21:32:49 squeezeplay: DEBUG  squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:775 arp: arp 192.168.178.31: Cannot allocate memory
    Jan 16 21:32:50 squeezeplay: DEBUG  squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:775 arp: arp baby.squeezenetwork.com: Cannot allocate memory
    I need to run tests to see if this is "normal" or specific to your setup.

If it is specific to your network - it would indicate a gradual loss of free memory which typically ends up with a blocked system.

arp is related to networks -
    Do you have a simple network (i.e single router) or a complex one with, for example, any of the following: mulitple routers, APs, bridges, VLANs, VPNs, MAC spoofing, dynamic reconfiguration etc.
    The arp command is spawned as a process from jive/net/NetworkThread.lua.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The arp command is spawned as a process from jive/net/NetworkThread.lua.
    I expected that - the question is whether "cannot allocate memory" is normal ? It is a DEBUG level - I would have thought an error from arp would have been logged as ERROR not DEBUG.

I don't know why but putty stops to show (and log) anything in the terminal window after about 5-10 minutes. And the log files on my SBR aren't longer also.

It is a scheduled daily shutdown of the NAS (synology). Don't know what exactly happens with the LMS package during shutdown.

It this: NAS <LAN> TP-Link Gigabit Switch <LAN> Fritzbox Router <WIFI> SBR
    There is no MAC spoofing, no VPN, no dynamic reconfiguration.

Unfortunately the freeze happened again. About an hour ago everything went fine. Then changing web radio stations took longer and longer. And finally it froze. But it is still possible to remote control it via mysqueezebox.com.
    Update: I didn't reboot after the lagging / the freeze yesterday. Today everything was fine again. Never happend before. Maybe it was because I connected to my SBR via mysqueezebox.com and remotely switched favorite stations. I'll try that again after next freezing again.
    Last edited by Eisbaer2; 2018-01-17 at 06:55.

I don't know why but putty stops to show (and log) anything in the terminal window after about 5-10 minutes. And the log files on my SBR aren't longer also.
    That is strange. That "feels" like a power save feature kicking in or else network connection gets interrupted - what version of putty and on what OS so I can check and see iof there any putty diagnostics that can be enabled..