Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Thanks for the pull request, I'll merge it today. Do you think you could
    > have a look at the small change I've suggested in LMS (see my message on
    > the d├ęvelopper part of this forum)?

Could you point me to the posting? I didn't see any suggestion...

--

Michael
    In that thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post901944 I suggested that LMS call controller->stop($client) instead of controller->stop(), I would know what is the client asking for the stop and could act accordingly
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I have updated the plugin - thanks for that

After using a group you cannot use synchronize on any former member of that group (do not appear in Sync menu in GUI) until the player is power cycled (software via LMS GUI) this may be due to my use of Syncoptions
    I can't reproduce that. Can you describe your Syncoptions and exactly what's happening?
    Sorry I cannot reproduce this either although I could yesterday !

I use some plugins to control some device options, these are Powersave,Reset Volume,Volumelock these no longer function on the grouped players.
    Likely solved, at least Volume although I'm not sure precisely what VolumeReset/Lock do (I need to read about these)
    I use "Powersave" to switch the players off after 15mins of Pause or Stop
    I use "Reset Volume" to set each player to a low volume (10 ATM) when it is switched on
    I use "Volume Lock" to restrict the maximum volume on some players

LMS seems to transcode FLAC to MP3 (with LAME) for each member of a group despite the fact that all player can natively use FLAC (see attached logs)
    Solved
    Thanks - I can Confirm this is fixed

I use the PowerswitchIII plugin to control the amplifier on one of my SB3 player this does not function when the SB3 is part of a group.
    The PowerswitchIII can only be enabled from the player menu on the SB3. Because of this the SB3 is silent although playing fine.
    Very likely solved
    Thanks - I can Confirm this is fixed

I have 3 players in a group called "Bathroom_Bedroom1_Lounge"
    Bathroom is SB3
    Bedroom1 is Rpi3 with Pcp3.22 with Jivelite on Rpi touchscreen and Lirc
    Lounge is Rpi3 with Pcp3.22 with Jivelite display on TV and Lirc

I have experienced some other "Weirdies" IE pausing One of the group (lounge) via IR remote results in the player displaying "Paused" but is actually still playing.
    Volume Reset does not seem to work (when Grouped) wether applied to the individual player or the Group

Sorry not to be any clearer but some of the "weirdies" are not always reproducible if I can I'll try some more ordered tests to try and define these more clearly.

Thanks for your work on this
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

If I have a group consisting of two Radios how do I cause this group to break up when I stop play. They seem to remain in a sync group. If I try to play to one of the Radios both play. I think I must be missing something basic.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If I have a group consisting of two Radios how do I cause this group to break up when I stop play. They seem to remain in a sync group. If I try to play to one of the Radios both play. I think I must be missing something basic.

Hmmm I just tried this with mine. (V0.1.3)

I had just stopped the "Group" all players had powered off. When I played BBC Radio 1 live on "Lounge" it started playing. The playlist on all 3 of the group were synced IE BBC Radio 1 Live but only "Lounge" playing.
    With "lounge" still playing BBC R1 when I played BBC Radio 6 live on "Bedroom1" Lounge started playing this also "Bathroom"'s playlist was now BBC Radio 6 live but not playing.

Stopping "Lounge" also stops "Bedroom1"

Sync should stop at power off
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2017-12-20 at 12:30. Reason: ANswered question !
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Hmmm I just tried this with mine. (V0.1.3)

I had just stopped the "Group" all players had powered off. When I played BBC Radio 1 live on "Lounge" it started playing. The playlist on all 3 of the group were synced IE BBC Radio 1 Live but only "Lounge" playing.
    With "lounge" still playing BBC R1 when I played BBC Radio 6 live on "Bedroom1" Lounge started playing this also "Bathroom"'s playlist was now BBC Radio 6 live but not playing.

Stopping "Lounge" also stops "Bedroom1"

Sync should stop at power off
    I had to manually unsynchronize both players to return to the normal state.

The groups breaks up as soon as you stop playing or the track ends. In this version, it does NOT break up when you *pause* the virtual player
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

How did you do that ?
    In the web UI from the player list at the top of the right pane. Synchronize is at the bottom of the list.

In the web UI from the player list at the top of the right pane. Synchronize is at the bottom of the list.

Thanks, Yes I did that momentary lapse of thinking !!

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    The groups breaks up as soon as you stop playing or the track ends. In this version, it does NOT break up when you *pause* the virtual player
    That's probably a problem as neither the LMS Web GUI nor the SB3 remote have a "Stop" button. I do see the reasoning though !

That's probably a problem as neither the LMS Web GUI nor the SB3 remote have a "Stop" button. I do see the reasoning though !
    You're right, I mean the 'stop' happens when you clean the playlist (in other cases as well, but that's details). So I'm changing that now so that in pause, the group is broken up as well.