Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Is MySqueezebox.com here to stay?

And if so (which I hope), what's Logitech's incentive to keeping this service live when the Squeezebox product line is long discontinued?

One day they will shut down mysqueezebox.com.
    But when, next year, in 5 years, nobody knows.
    Last edited by johtem; 2017-12-10 at 14:17.

Logitech has no published current timeline for MYSB.com. In my opinion, they have no actual obligation to keep it running since they don't even sell an Internet Radio anymore. But having said that, they are buying a huge amount of good will by keeping it up and running for those of us that heavily support/supported their products.

When I need a mouse, keyboard, computer speakers, or an Audio/Video remote, I buy Logitech! I do this for two reasons besides the fact that they have great products. First, they still support everything I have ever bought from them and second because I wish to keep supporting them so that the support I have come to depend on continues plus the hope that MYSB.com continues into the distant future.
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Does anybody know if the squeezeboxes will have trouble working locally if MYSB.com goes dark?

Like, if I reset my SB Touch, I know the login is part of the setup. Am I stuck?

What about spotty? Will that function with out MYSB.com?
    1 Touch
    2 Receivers
    1 Controller
    2 Radios

I think that things continue to work.

You can run your local LMS with an option to stop it talking to mysqueezebox.com to emulate it not being there.
    You could also temporarily turn off your internet connection to prove it.
    Paul Webster
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

I've probably already asked the question ... but, put aside some licensing agreement with streaming providers, is it technically feasible to move it to Azure or AWS?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Is MySqueezebox.com here to stay?

> I've probably already asked the question ... but, put aside some
    > licensing agreement with streaming providers, is it technically feasible
    > to move it to Azure or AWS?

Please define "it"?

USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    You can bypass (swipe through) the login/registration screens when MySB.com finally disappears. No SB player requires MySB.com registration to function.
    Using LMS your non-registered players even have access to basic internet radio menus and streams.

Milwaukee, WI USA
    It seems RadioTunes needs MSB.com. If so, no work around to stream RT when MSB goes away?