Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have the AP mode done, I have a couple of folks testing.

epoch, What are you bridging? two ethernet devices? Anyway to do what you want, you will need to remaster the initrd. I've heard of succuss just building CPIO initrd with just the one file you want to change, and then concatenating it to the end of the current initrd. But that seems to be a headache.

What I would do is set nodhcp bootcode on the command line, then setup your network in bootlocal.sh

I have also done layer2 and layer3 bridging with pCP wifi to ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I have the AP mode done, I have a couple of folks testing.

epoch, What are you bridging? two ethernet devices?
    I have also done layer2 and layer3 bridging with pCP wifi to ethernet.
    I will try that AP mode with pleasure when you release it.
    Yes I was thinking of L3 bridging with the AP; either with eth0 or a USB adapter (or VLAN but I don't think that option would be too popular).

I don't know how I can interpret your last sentence; if you've done it in the AP that is being tested, then that's great. If you mean it is feasible and it works, I certainly concur with that.

Adding stuff to bootlocal.sh looks like a good option, it is flexible.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Layer 2 was possibly not the correct statement. I used a proxy arp bridge. The benefit of this is that the wifi adapter doesn't have to support monitor mode.

Alright,

I have something that is a bit easier to install....Depending on how testing goes, we should be able to integrate this into the web interface.

INSTALLATION
    • Go to the extension browser from the main menu.
    • Select piCorePlayer Sourceforge Repository
    • Find and Select pcp-apmode.tcz and the press the Load button
    • Run Backup from the main menu to backup setting changes that occurred during load.

That's it, after it loads successfully, goto the wifi page and make sure that you have not disabled the rpi3 wireless chip. Then reboot.

USE
    • Default IP address of the wifi interface is 10.10.10.1
    • Default SSID is pCP
    • Default passphrase is piCorePlayer
    • Default Channel is 7
    • If the ethernet cable is plugged in, then pCP will act as a DNAT router.

REMOVE
    • start an ssh session.
    • tce-audit builddb
    • tce-audit delete pcp-apmode
    • Would also be good to remove the line in /opt/bootlocal.sh that runs pcp-apmode

-------under the hood---------
    • When pcp-apmode.tcz loads, it will automatically load all of it's dependencies, including hostapd, dnsmasq, iptables. It will also inject a startup command into /opt/bootlocal.sh
    • config files are at /usr/local/etc/pcp/hostapd.conf and /usr/local/etc/pcp/dnsmasq.conf

Alright,
    [*]Find and Select pcp-apmode.tcz and the press the Load button[/LIST]
    Hi

i would really like to test this method.
    The only thing for me is, that i can't find pcp-apmode.tcz in the options list.
    I am running: piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v3.22 | linux 4.9.50-pcpAudioCore | piCore v8.01 | Squeezelite v1.8.7-999 | Wed Dec 20 07:44:29 CET 2017
    Do i have to update anyhow or is there any other hint for me?

Thank you in advance

Andreas

Currently only setup for a rpi3

I, too, would love to access piCorePlayer directly on RPI3 WiFi as LMS is on different wired vLAN than main public WiFi, so would be great to access player directly with phone (Squeezer) for LMS control. Would this new project accomplish this?

I also could not find the SourceForge file...

Thanks for your work on this.

Todd

It's only located in sourceforge, you have to use the extension installer to access. But again only for rpi3.

Name:  Screenshot from 2017-12-23 15-46-12.png
Views: 125
Size:  28.8 KB

It was there on Sourceforge this time.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers,

Todd

Test on pi Zero W?

Alright,

I have something that is a bit easier to install....Depending on how testing goes, we should be able to integrate this into the web interface.

INSTALLATION
    • Go to the extension browser from the main menu.
    • Select piCorePlayer Sourceforge Repository
    • Find and Select pcp-apmode.tcz and the press the Load button
    • Run Backup from the main menu to backup setting changes that occurred during load.

That's it, after it loads successfully, goto the wifi page and make sure that you have not disabled the rpi3 wireless chip. Then reboot.

USE
    • Default IP address of the wifi interface is 10.10.10.1
    • Default SSID is pCP
    • Default passphrase is piCorePlayer
    • Default Channel is 7
    • If the ethernet cable is plugged in, then pCP will act as a DNAT router.

REMOVE
    • start an ssh session.
    • tce-audit builddb
    • tce-audit delete pcp-apmode
    • Would also be good to remove the line in /opt/bootlocal.sh that runs pcp-apmode

-------under the hood---------
    • When pcp-apmode.tcz loads, it will automatically load all of it's dependencies, including hostapd, dnsmasq, iptables. It will also inject a startup command into /opt/bootlocal.sh
    • config files are at /usr/local/etc/pcp/hostapd.conf and /usr/local/etc/pcp/dnsmasq.conf
    This is great. Have you had a chance to test on a pi Zero W? This would be the ideal portable solution.