Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Neil Young Archives

Is there anyway(hopefully easy) to stream his newly released archives? Plug in, etc? 320K stream would be fine. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by svberger View Post
    Is there anyway(hopefully easy) to stream his newly released archives? Plug in, etc? 320K stream would be fine. Thanks.
    Yep, a way to stream through LMS would be fantastic. The site is using OraStream for streaming hi-res or 320kbs to computers (not mobile devices, at least not yet).
    http://www.neilyoungarchives.com/

Not familiar with OraStream so no clue if a plugin is even possible.
    http://www.orastream.com/

Their FAQ mentions that the server for orastream (BRIO) uses upnp and will be able to stream to some devices:

"Music playback is interfaced externally to SONOS, DLNA, Chromecast Audio and BlueSound (available soon) hi-fi audio devices"
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Well lets hope there are enough NY fans here that somebody can figure it out.

Well lets hope there are enough NY fans here that somebody can figure it out.
    I wonder if you can edit your subject line to say
    Neil Young Archives Steaming Possible?
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I wonder if you can edit your subject line to say
    Neil Young Archives Steaming Possible?
    Don't think I can without deleting the thread and starting over. Perhaps a moderator can? In any event, I would think the title of the thread will bring enough people here that somebody hopefully can address the issue.

Don't think I can without deleting the thread and starting over. Perhaps a moderator can? In any event, I would think the title of the thread will bring enough people here that somebody hopefully can address the issue.
    No problem. Iĺll start a new thread in a while. Really needs to be in a different sub forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    No problem. Iĺll start a new thread in a while. Really needs to be in a different sub forum too.
    Thanks.