Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Are the 1Jazz.ru Stations down or Dead ?...........................

I have been listening to the Russian Jazz stations a lot this year..... They have not been working the last few days.

Did Putin Pull the plug?

Their main website appears to be up. But Hit Tuner says their streaming server is down.

Also are you normally streaming them using LMS or MYSB.com? Have you checked LMS for an update if using LMS and also if using LMS, have you rebooted your server?
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    Their main website appears to be up. But Hit Tuner says their streaming server is down.

Also are you normally streaming them using LMS or MYSB.com? Have you checked LMS for an update if using LMS and also if using LMS, have you rebooted your server?
    Thanks for the reply. I went to "Hit Tuner" and could not locate the 1Jazz.ru stations that I am referring to. I tried by country, by Genre, Searching etc. --- How did you find it there and how did you determine their streaming server was down?

I am using LMS, but this is not the issue. If you go to Tunein Radio Website, the stations will not play there either. I use Tunein via LMS, and other stations in Tunein work perfectly well.
    Last edited by Cut-Throat; 2017-12-01 at 07:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I went to "Hit Tuner" and could not locate the 1Jazz.ru stations that I am referring to. I tried by country, by Genre, Searching etc. --- How did you find it there and how did you determine their streaming server was down?

I am using LMS, but this is not the issue. If you go to Tunein Radio Website, the stations will not play there either. I use Tunein via LMS, and other stations in Tunein work perfectly well.
    OK, I have more data as I can't reach them either via anything LMS/Squeezbox related. I also can not play any Station directly from their website. When I go out on the Internet and use a server status check website, it says their steaming server is down. When I use TuneIn Radio in LMS all my devices say connection time out. When I go directly to TuneIn Radio's website and use their web page to get to a 1Jazz.RU station I get a "connection can't be made" error. When I use LaRadioFm it will not connect to any 1Jazz.RU station. Hit Tuner shows hundreds of Russian Stations but ALL 1jazz.RU stations are dropped from the available channels list and when going direct says the Sever is down.

BUT, when I use OnlineRadioBox it immediately connects and I have access to tons of Jazz formats on 1jazz.RU.

So just taking a SWAG at it, I am thinking there is a proxy, permission, or DNS Server issue. Since TuneIn Radio has the same behavior whether at their website or using LMS or MYSB.com yet on other websites I can tune them in, it sounds like a table entry has changed or been dropped since OnlineRadioBox has no issue reaching and playing 1jazz.RU channels/stations.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    BUT, when I use OnlineRadioBox it immediately connects and I have access to tons of Jazz formats on 1jazz.RU.
    Thanks for all your efforts! -- I did go to OnlineRadioBox and while all of the 1Jazz.ru stations showed up, all of them would not play and had a 'playback error'.... So something is definitely wrong.

Good News and Bad News !!

Good News --- The Russian Jazz Stations are now streaming again.

The Bad News -- They have reduced the quality to 128kbps from 256 Kbps. :-(

FWIW, I have noticed the same problem with other TuneIn radio stations via LMS (timeout). Perhaps there's a common denominator here?

Quote Originally Posted by user181 View Post
    FWIW, I have noticed the same problem with other TuneIn radio stations via LMS (timeout). Perhaps there's a common denominator here?
    Doubt it..... These stations were Completely out for over 10 days. Whether listening from LMS or Tunein Radio or their own application...... They have reduced the streaming bit rate for whatever reason.

hi all ,

i was looking (googling) if it was down or what (1jazz.ru) then i saw your post.

no its back, except the loss of bitrate , its a good news .

i dont own any squeezebox , as i said in first im not here for logitech material, but i am using a m3u full of jazz radio i made

here you can found the m3u (rename .txt to .m3u) jazz-radios.txt ,contains link for jazz.ru, jazz radio(fr)

if any of you have some link to share and add to playlist it will be appreciate .

peace