Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calypso22
    • Sep 2012

I'm a happy puppy ... :)

Had a miserable day today, but then in the afternoon, I drove into Geneva to pick up my Squeezebox Boom (my second one).

I had bought it on a local auction site. Paid $50 for it so I wasn't expecting much.

Took it home and was very pleasantly surprised.

The Boom looked very little used and was unmarked. Screen is bright and no problems with the power supply connection.

Controls are still crisp which again makes me think it was only used for a few hours.

Did a factory reset and it was up and running in 5 minutes. I will never cease to be impressed by the clean highs, smooth mid-range and wonderful bass.

Turned out to be an excellent buy.
    John
  • MrC
    • May 2005

Originally posted by calypso22
    Had a miserable day today, but then in the afternoon, I drove into Geneva to pick up my Squeezebox Boom (my second one).

I had bought it on a local auction site. Paid $50 for it so I wasn't expecting much.

Took it home and was very pleasantly surprised.

The Boom looked very little used and was unmarked. Screen is bright and no problems with the power supply connection.

Controls are still crisp which again makes me think it was only used for a few hours.

Did a factory reset and it was up and running in 5 minutes. I will never cease to be impressed by the clean highs, smooth mid-range and wonderful bass.

Turned out to be an excellent buy.
    Always nice to get a pleasant surprise.

I'll piggyback off your thread with an opening...

We don't use our Boom anymore since we had our whole-house audio system installed - it just sits on the nightstand.

Anyone in the USA interested in a BOOM? I'll take the first reasonable offer, you pay shipping.

Comment

• iPhone
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by MrC
      Anyone in the USA interested in a BOOM? I'll take the first reasonable offer, you pay shipping.
      Please check your PMs. Thanks.
      iPhone
      Media Room:
      ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
      Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
      Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
      Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
      Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
      Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
      Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
      Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

• iPhone
        • Oct 2007

And now I'm a happy puppy also. You guys can stop PMing MrC as his Boom is getting a new home.
        iPhone
        Media Room:
        ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
        Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
        Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
        Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
        Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
        Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
        Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
        Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

Working...