Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi, i also would like to see the possibility to connect my family members bluetooth phones to the PiCorePlayers around the house. They are Rpi3 + TouchScreen + HiFiBerry AMP+ build into the wall. The speakers are ceiling or wall mounted. Since the AMP is fitted on the Rpi3 board, replacing them with a bluetooth aware receiver is not an option.
    I also read the github /Arkq/bluez-alsa topic but i am not "smart" enough to test drive this.
    If i understand it well i could install bluez-alsa on my running PiCorePlayer v3.22 and pair a bluetooth Phone or tablet to it in order to stream the audio through the HiFiBerry AMP+. Or is it more complex? is it possible that this feature is added to the PiCorePlayer GUI like the Shairport-sync had been added?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeke View Post
    Hi, i also would like to see the possibility to connect my family members bluetooth phones to the PiCorePlayers around the house. They are Rpi3 + TouchScreen + HiFiBerry AMP+ build into the wall. The speakers are ceiling or wall mounted. Since the AMP is fitted on the Rpi3 board, replacing them with a bluetooth aware receiver is not an option.
    I also read the github /Arkq/bluez-alsa topic but i am not "smart" enough to test drive this.
    If i understand it well i could install bluez-alsa on my running PiCorePlayer v3.22 and pair a bluetooth Phone or tablet to it in order to stream the audio through the HiFiBerry AMP+. Or is it more complex? is it possible that this feature is added to the PiCorePlayer GUI like the Shairport-sync had been added?
    Hi, a bit off topic (sorry guys) but can you share any info or pictures of how you 'build into the wall'? Maybe on a separate thread?? I'm looking to do this any looking for mounting options.

Thanks.

I too am also interested in this. That would be awesome for my garage speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    My experience has been more positive - using the built-in Bluetooth on a rpi3 with a headphone (playback) or an Android phone (streaming) has worked flawlessly for me, and the bluez-alsa setup worked immediately (on a system without pulesaudio).
    So I guess there is an element of chance involved.
    Hi Roland,

Can you please post your config / what you changed to get this working and pair a Phone ?

Quote Originally Posted by LuFi View Post
    Can you please post your config / what you changed to get this working and pair a Phone ?
    Have you tried the procedure described here? If yes, what exactly isn't working?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
    Hi, really like my piCorePlayer for playing my FLAC music collection on my NAS using the LMS Squeezebox system, and occasionally use Airplay from my iPad. However, I would like to be able to play audio to the piCorePlayer using a bluetooth connection from my Android phone. Is there any way I can add Bluetooth receiver/audio function to piCorePlayer?

Phone -> piCorePlayer (RP3) with IQaudIO DAC and bluetooth -> amplifier and speakers via IQaudIO RCA (phono) sockets?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    As alternative for Airplay and BT Audio input, I use DLNA.
    Samsung phones have the cast build into the player. the older ones at least.
    Other phones need one of the free DLNA apps.
    Give it a go, If you can reach your set through wifi, you do not need much more.

Greetz M-H