Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

20 interesting facts about MQA

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2013309

Mark Waldrep is apearently preparing a book ebook blueray thing about audio .
    It could be an interesting read in its entirety.

Here are the excerpts about MQA facts as a teaser .

We all know this but here it, is as a comprehensive listing .

Personally i’m more interested in the rest of the book and I think we should be . Mark is very knowledgeable.

And yes I used MQA in post as a shameless teaser as it is hot topic for some.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

So, someone needs to add a checksum field to flac headers and then you have "authenticated" audio of a higher standard in a smaller package..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

"Dr Aix" 's book

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2013309

Mark Waldrep is apearently preparing a book ebook blueray thing about audio .
    It could be an interesting read in its entirety.

Here are the excerpts about MQA facts as a teaser .

We all know this but here it, is as a comprehensive listing .

Personally i’m more interested in the rest of the book and I think we should be . Mark is very knowledgeable.

And yes I used MQA in post as a shameless teaser as it is hot topic for some.
    Hi Mnyb!

I ordered a copy of Mark Waldrep's book & download files quite a while back following a recommendation on this forum & have been waiting patiently for them.

It certainly looks like it's going to be worth the wait - he certainly shoots straight from the hip in the quoted extracts!

However, I am saddened to hear of the health issues that his family are currently experiencing. Life is very cruel at times...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    So, someone needs to add a checksum field to flac headers and then you have "authenticated" audio of a higher standard in a smaller package..
    The FLAC header already includes a MD5 checksum...
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    The FLAC header already includes a MD5 checksum...
    Our work here is done...

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

REAL high-res recordings...

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Our work here is done...

So now we shall be able to just kick back & savour "Dr Aix" 's GENUINE high resolution recordings - in a minute...

It's been a bit of a wait, but we're nearly there at last!

Dave

I do have a whole bunch of AIX records they are truly amazingly recorded , recommend them .they are a large part of my DVDA collection . You can get most of them as downloads at itrax .

They are truly hirez ( not that it matter that much ) ie their technical resolution goes beyond what could be stored on reeedbook .

Apart from some old 70’s rock repacked in glorious 24/192 or whatnot at hdtracks , but really is more like 12/32 most of your bits are random noise .
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.

Super Sonics!

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    I do have a whole bunch of AIX records they are truly amazingly recorded , recommend them .they are a large part of my DVDA collection . You can get most of them as downloads at itrax .

They are truly hirez ( not that it matter that much ) ie their technical resolution goes beyond what could be stored on reeedbook .

Apart from some old 70’s rock repacked in glorious 24/192 or whatnot at hdtracks , but really is more like 12/32 most of your bits are random noise .
    My pet bat, Biggles, will probably appreciate them - he's been getting rather down at night lately...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Earring View Post
    My pet bat, Biggles, will probably appreciate them - he's been getting rather down at night lately...

Dave
    Say hello from me

I do know that 2ch hirez is rather pointless, but some are not even trying ( reselling the same stuff yet again ).

I do miss the idea about true discrete 7 ch soround, that’s something else .
    Thats was also what AIX and some others tried to do . Done rigth itnade a real difference.
    Of course this fare is also aviable in the fake variety “remixeded” just like some mono records where processed for fake stereo way back ( before my time )