Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Classic: Wifi, WPA2-PSK AES

Hello All,

I recently upgraded my home network. In doing so I now have a few extra options for my wireless setting. After some research I found that my SB3 Classic will not connect to WPA2-PSK unless i have TKIP on. Is this a known issue? I would prefer to run AES only.

Interesting enough, an update to lms and then removing tkip again and turning the device on and off seems to work. I suppose only time will tell.

And we dropped again.

It would say it is either be your SB3 (WiFi card going bad) or a network router issue. All my WiFi connected Squeezeboxen are connected using WPA2-PSK (AES). I can't check my SB3 as it is on an Ethernet connection because the WiFi died and I was able to use Ethernet so I never replaced the WiFi card. But the Slim Devices Wiki says the SB3 is WPA2 AES compliant so I would be looking at what the new router is doing since that is the main thing that changed.

You don't have any of that PIN or push-button stuff turned on do you? Just using a passcode?
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    .... All my WiFi connected Squeezeboxen are connected using WPA2-PSK (AES).
    Same here and no issues. The encryption type is not the issue.

bay area, california.
    Whenever I have had an SB3 issue, it was DNS rather than wireless security related. Typically assigning a fixed IP address on the router fixed it.

Is the timeout until it doesn't work always the same? If so the advanced config options on the router may allow u to correlate the issue with a timer.
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 16.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540