Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

help: pCP on Rpi3 and DSD

I am trying to play DSD file on pCP and Rpi3.
    The USB DAC of course plays DSD natively.

I enabled the DSDPlayer in the plugin section of the LMS (that runs on the very same Rpi3) and so DSD file (dsf) are recongized and played, but my DAC displays "PCM 352k" and not DSD.

what's wrong?

(of course, if I play the very same file with JRiver, the DAC displays DSD and not PCM)

Because squeezelite only supports DoP.

-D [delay] Output device supports DSD over PCM (DoP), delay = optional delay switching between PCM and DoP in ms

There are full DSD patches out there, but you would have to build your own squeezelite.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Because squeezelite only supports DoP.

-D [delay] Output device supports DSD over PCM (DoP), delay = optional delay switching between PCM and DoP in ms

There are full DSD patches out there, but you would have to build your own squeezelite.
    Yes I see this, but...
    my DAC natively supports PCM 352 and DSD 11 Mhz.

using JRiver and disabling all the internals audio engines:
    - if I play a PCM, the DAC displays ORIGINAL (it means no internal processing) and PCM. It means the original source PCM is played with no manipulation by the DAC
    - if I play a DSD, the DAC displays OROGINAL and DSD
    - if I set JRiver to bitstream to DoP, the DAC disaplays DoP and DSD, meaning it receives a DoP signal that is then extracted to DSD

Playing the very same DSD file with pCP, the DAC displays ORIGINAL and PCM !!! it means the DAC is not receiving a DoP signal, but a real PCM.
    Seems that somewhere pCP takes the DSD and convert it into PCM, not DSD over PCM, but real PCM.

IS there any way to check what pCP is outputting?
    Last edited by steff; 2017-11-14 at 05:56.