Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Querying/cleaning up LMS library

Does anyone know of a way of doing the following for LMS libraries:
    - Listing duplicate albums (i.e. albums which have the same artist and album name but which occur more than once in the LMS library)
    - Bulk removing tags from a large library (e.g. deleting all TPE2 tags from a library of 90,000 tracks)?

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    Does anyone know of a way of doing the following for LMS libraries:
    - Listing duplicate albums (i.e. albums which have the same artist and album name but which occur more than once in the LMS library)
    - Bulk removing tags from a large library (e.g. deleting all TPE2 tags from a library of 90,000 tracks)?
    Yapp - me ;-)

Please add some infos about your system !?!

Otherwise i would answer somthing like - with a script that runs eyeD3.
    BTW: A Sampler always has differents artists and is recon as a single album!
    Please take some time to ask your question...

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Yapp - me ;-)

Otherwise i would answer somthing like - with a script that runs eyeD3.
    BTW: A Sampler always has differents artists and is recon as a single album!
    Please take some time to ask your question...
    Ah OK...not sure what sort of details are required, but...
    It's pretty much all MP3. My primary LMS server is now on Lubuntu 16.10, but I also have a backup server running on Windows 2008 Server. My collection is organised in \Artist\Album folders. 90,000 tracks, c.6,000 albums. I can access the music data on my Lubuntu server from Windows (it's on an NTFS partition), so a Windows utilities would be fine.
    I had been trying to install the LMS database query plugin on my Lubuntu LMS server, but for some reason it won't enable :0(

I really wouldn't nag about this if it wasn't for your constant use of the term. English might have started out as a Germanic language, but I guess it achieved linguistic escape velocity / free fall long ago - so while “Informationen” is correct German and “informations” French, there is no plural form of "information" in English. Thus you provide info, not infos.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

My primary LMS server is now on Lubuntu 16.10, but I also have a backup server running on Windows 2008 Server. My collection is organised in \Artist\Album folders. 90,000 tracks, c.6,000 albums. I can access the music data on my Lubuntu server from Windows (it's on an NTFS partition), so a Windows utilities would be fine.
    I cant recomend using a bulk change over two or more Systems - eg.when i previously mass tag some new ripped tracks in mp3tag and the files are stored on my lms - some tracks are not touched by mp3tag. Since i am a Network/Computer engineer i knew its not because my network aor anything other is bad.

If you didnt use strange file/fioldernames - eyeD3 could help you - if you use fancy names like eq: "Françoise Hardy" or "Røyksopp" its harder.

Believe me - its impossible to bulk tag a lib like yours on a mouseklick. Its "hard" work.
    Someone likes cd 1 of 4 and uses lms settings to separate them - someone didnt like that.

Go to lms gui - change albumpicture to something like 300 px and search your albums till you see the same picture twice and look for the reason.

Dont (beware of) using 3rd party tools to search in the internet and change your tags caused by a external db - you would not end happy - you would end by restoring your backup.

Other than that Mp3tag or eyD3 arent bad tools but you must know that they can make on a single failure from the gui in front of the keyboard into a massive wtf moment in minutes.

I cant recomend using a bulk change over two or more Systems - eg.when i previously mass tag some new ripped tracks in mp3tag and the files are stored on my lms - some tracks are not touched by mp3tag. Since i am a Network/Computer engineer i knew its not because my network aor anything other is bad.

If you didnt use strange file/fioldernames - eyeD3 could help you - if you use fancy names like eq: "Françoise Hardy" or "Røyksopp" its harder.

Believe me - its impossible to bulk tag a lib like yours on a mouseklick. Its "hard" work.
    Someone likes cd 1 of 4 and uses lms settings to separate them - someone didnt like that.

Go to lms gui - change albumpicture to something like 300 px and search your albums till you see the same picture twice and look for the reason.

Dont (beware of) using 3rd party tools to search in the internet and change your tags caused by a external db - you would not end happy - you would end by restoring your backup.

Other than that Mp3tag or eyD3 arent bad tools but you must know that they can make on a single failure from the gui in front of the keyboard into a massive wtf moment in minutes.
    Haha I know what you mean. Actually my collection is probably 99% "clean" from the tagging perspective, but I keep finding the odd anomaly which I'd like to weed out and correct once and for all. In my mind I imagined dumping a list of all the artist/album data from LMS to a CSV file, then using SQL to find the duplicates. I would then go in and correct them "manually" using something like Tag&Rename or Mp3tag.

Haha I know what you mean. Actually my collection is probably 99% "clean" from the tagging perspective, but I keep finding the odd anomaly which I'd like to weed out and correct once and for all. In my mind I imagined dumping a list of all the artist/album data from LMS to a CSV file, then using SQL to find the duplicates. I would then go in and correct them "manually" using something like Tag&Rename or Mp3tag.
    Lol - yapp that sounds like an easy task - but not for albums - i use something like you described for wrong tagged artists and genres - but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Herger
    Sampler sucks
    I dont think that albums could be handled like you want.

Maybe (means untestet) you can run something like
    Get current the foldername and set foldername as albumname ->compare albumname with the id3tag and show non matches.
    But these kind of scripts always needs an exact structure thats everywhere in your library.

Maybe (means untestet) you can run something like
    Get current the foldername and set foldername as albumname ->compare albumname with the id3tag and show non matches.
    But these kind of scripts always needs an exact structure thats everywhere in your library.
    What software would you use to do something like that? Ideally I'd like to perform some sort of non-destructive query like that (i.e. without actually modifying any files or tags), just to find the problem albums/songs

What software would you use to do something like that? Ideally I'd like to perform some sort of non-destructive query like that (i.e. without actually modifying any files or tags), just to find the problem albums/songs
    i am using eyeD3.

a quick test ...

Code:
    dirname 36Grad/2raumwohnung\ -\ 36Grad\ -\ 01\ -\ Besser\ gehts\ nicht.mp3
    36Grad
    eyeD3 36Grad/2raumwohnung\ -\ 36Grad\ -\ 01\ -\ Besser\ gehts\ nicht.mp3 |grep 'album'|grep -v 'album '|cut -d ' ' -f2-
    36Grad
    looks like its possible but something that ends in 30 or more lines.

Is this something you need? eg all the files from a album are stored in a folder that name matches your albums?

i am using eyeD3.

a quick test ...

Code:
    dirname 36Grad/2raumwohnung\ -\ 36Grad\ -\ 01\ -\ Besser\ gehts\ nicht.mp3
    36Grad
    eyeD3 36Grad/2raumwohnung\ -\ 36Grad\ -\ 01\ -\ Besser\ gehts\ nicht.mp3 |grep 'album'|grep -v 'album '|cut -d ' ' -f2-
    36Grad
    looks like its possible but something that ends in 30 or more lines.

Is this something you need? eg all the files from a album are stored in a folder that name matches your albums?
    That's the desired result, yes, but since my collection is 99% OK at the moment I really don't want to perform large scale modifications to my files or folders - they could end up in a much worse state than they are now. For example, I just tried doing a complete export of my tracks from mp3tag and there were alot of inaccuracies in the output (data in the wrong columns, etc). I don't know how reliable EyeD is with large collections, but I'd be nervous about letting it make alot of changes.
    My preference is definitely to run queries to identify the problems, then fix the problems individually using EyeD or Mp3tag.