Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Squeezeplay Problem Connecting

I've just installed Squeezeplay 7.8.0r959 on Windows 10. I can't get it to connect to my LMS server (v7.9.0 on Windows Server 2008) on the same LAN. I just get a message saying "Problem Connecting". I can access the LMS server using the web interface on port 9090. Any tips for diagnosing this?

... I should add that Squeezeplay displays "Connecting to....mysqueezebox.com" for several seconds before I see the "Problem connecting" message. If I select the "Switch Library" option it just tries "Connecting to....mysqueezebox.com" again. It seems not to detect my LMS server on the network.

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    ... I should add that Squeezeplay displays "Connecting to....mysqueezebox.com" for several seconds before I see the "Problem connecting" message. If I select the "Switch Library" option it just tries "Connecting to....mysqueezebox.com" again. It seems not to detect my LMS server on the network.
    On your Squeezeplay >Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add New Library > input the IP address of the server you wish to connect to?

Name:  pic10-11-2017-19.05.01.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  26.9 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

I don't have a settings menu. When I open Squeezeplay I get an option to select a language, then it takes me straight to trying to connect to a server

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    I don't have a settings menu. When I open Squeezeplay I get an option to select a language, then it takes me straight to trying to connect to a server
    Don't know then, can't you back out of that, left pointing arrow, top left?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Don't know then, can't you back out of that, left pointing arrow, top left?
    The left arrow only takes me back to the "Connecting to ...mysqueezebox.com" screen. No other menu or navigation options.