Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Standalone SB/iPeng-like functionality for iPhone (or I guess Android)?

I've got a Squeezeplug set up at the house serving to a SB Touch, a couple headless pi's, and sometimes the iPhone, and I control everything with iPeng. I love it.

I'd like to be able to use the same or a similar interface totally offline by loading a few gigs onto my iPhone and . . . i dunno what. Can I run a local "squeezeplug"/Logitech Media Server on my iPhone?

What I'm really after is how to get a similar experience in the car as I have at the house in terms of searching for and playing music.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, itĺs still on my to-do-list for iPeng but with all the other stuff that has higher priority right now (like iPhone X redesign) it wonĺt be soon
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by mystryda View Post
    I've got a Squeezeplug set up at the house serving to a SB Touch, a couple headless pi's, and sometimes the iPhone, and I control everything with iPeng. I love it.

I'd like to be able to use the same or a similar interface totally offline by loading a few gigs onto my iPhone and . . . i dunno what. Can I run a local "squeezeplug"/Logitech Media Server on my iPhone?

What I'm really after is how to get a similar experience in the car as I have at the house in terms of searching for and playing music.

Thanks in advance.
    Some have built Pi based LMS with wi-fi hotspot for use in the car i.e. the Pi tucked away somewhere with control from iPeng connected via the hotspot. Have a gander through the Linux forum for a howto
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Some have built Pi based LMS with wi-fi hotspot for use in the car i.e. the Pi tucked away somewhere with control from iPeng connected via the hotspot. Have a gander through the Linux forum for a howto
    I have a portable LMS built on a wifi enabled 2Tb WD MyPassport drive. It's a backup of the main copy of my music library. I guess that could be run as a server in a car, streaming to iPeng or similar on a phone.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I have a portable LMS built on a wifi enabled 2Tb WD MyPassport drive. It's a backup of the main copy of my music library. I guess that could be run as a server in a car, streaming to iPeng or similar on a phone.

Robert
    If you plan to go this way (or similar) but use an Android device and still want to have data access on your device: make sure to have at least Android 7 (Nougat) on it, as that finally allows you to connect simultaneously to a wifi network and your 4G data connection.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901; BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...