Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LMS is a piece of software, there is no such thing as a hardware LMS and for all intents and purposes the LMS in Daphile is the same as if you would install it directly on for instance windows.
    Furthermore LMS is not a player and hence is not supposed to show up on mysqueezebox.com.
    So far, what you describe seems to be perfectly fine.

Ah.
    I think the epic confusion here is your use of „LMS“.
    LMS is the server (Logitech Media Server), not the player, that would be SqueezeLite in Daphile‘s case.

I believe what Michael doesn’t understand is what your problem with the player not showing up in MySB is.
    That should only be an issue if you are trying to run the player without the server running but since Daphile contains both the player and the server and especially all of its audiophile features depend on the Daphile server being used there is little sense in ever doing this.

So Michael wants to know (and I want to second that) what it is you are trying to do and that doesn’t work.

And no, I don’t think you understand the structure of Daphile with LMS built in
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

I agree there are terminology issues. I understand Daphile would fall under the 'software players with LMS' description that is covered in the 'Please read: software players & mysqueezebox.com' thread

In basic terms:
    > I am trying to run Tidal as a streaming service through Daphile
    > Daphile is running, plays music etc. - so I am not trying to run the player without the server, they are both alive
    > Under the mysqueezebox.com tab in Daphile I enter my MySB.com log in details and it accepts them
    > My understanding is that something should now show up in MySB.com as a Player - and now gather that should be SqueezeLite in Daphile's case. And I need that Player in place to attach the Tidal service to. At this point the MyApps menu in Daphile also disappears.
    > Nothing shows up as a Player in MySB.com, so I can't move forward from there.

From reading other posts there appears to be a delay sometimes, or errors showing in the mysqueezebox.com logs in Daphile (network.squeezenetwork). I have waited and prodded over a couple of days, and have not found any errors in the logs. I haven't changed the standard plugins in Daphile,

Is your player‘s MAC address (you can find that in LMS under „Settings->Information“) the MAC address of the device Daphile is running on or something else?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Update: This afternoon the 'Players' have shown up on MySB.com. There are 2, and they announce themselves as the two Digital to Analog Converters Daphile connects to via USB to play music. Tidal also now appears as a service within the Daphile menus.

The two players each have their own (different) MAC Addresses, and they are different to the MAC address of the device Daphile is running on.