Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom - Add Synchronize to Home Menu?

Hi,

Maybe I am missing something....I know that I have been able to add synchronize from settings->synchronize to the home menu for a controller, but I have not figured out if this can be done for the boom. I have gone to the web control server settings, then players->menu, and I see where to move or delete the home menu items, or add an inactive item, but I don't see a way to add synchronize.

I know I can do it via settings->synchronize, but I have two booms that I am constantly syncing and unsyncing (i.e. go up the the shop, sync to the one playing in the house, leave the shop, unsync).

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Hi,

Maybe I am missing something....I know that I have been able to add synchronize from settings->synchronize to the home menu for a controller, but I have not figured out if this can be done for the boom. I have gone to the web control server settings, then players->menu, and I see where to move or delete the home menu items, or add an inactive item, but I don't see a way to add synchronize.

I know I can do it via settings->synchronize, but I have two booms that I am constantly syncing and unsyncing (i.e. go up the the shop, sync to the one playing in the house, leave the shop, unsync).

Jim
    If you install The Synchronizer plugin, you would get a menu item . . . works a treat

Name:  sync.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  42.5 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

nice, thank you, works well, I appreciate your insight. I just went from three steps to two! Seriously, I am grateful, not being a wise guy.

Forgive my ignorance of the boom's presets, but is there a way to map a function to a preset? I would love to have preset 5 -> sync all, preset 6 -> unsync all.

In the mean time, this really helps. I wonder what all the other great plugins that I don't know about would do for me!!!!

Jim

Hi,

Jim
    There's also the "Switch Player" or "Music Walk With Me" plugins, which maybe simpler than The Synchronizer if you just want to stop play on one Boom, and start playing on another Boom.

Name:  pic31-10-2017-15.23.07.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  39.4 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

nice, thank you, works well, I appreciate your insight. I just went from three steps to two! Seriously, I am grateful, not being a wise guy.

Forgive my ignorance of the boom's presets, but is there a way to map a function to a preset? I would love to have preset 5 -> sync all, preset 6 -> unsync all.

In the mean time, this really helps. I wonder what all the other great plugins that I don't know about would do for me!!!!

Jim
    I don't think you can add those items to a preset, I just tried, maybe someone else here would know of a way?

I see from another thread that you have Squeezecontrol on your phone, you can add "The Synchronizer, "Switch Player" and "Music Walk With Me" to the home screen, and also to the controller home screen.

Name:  home.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  33.3 KB
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I don't think you can add those items to a preset, I just tried, maybe someone else here would know of a way?

I see from another thread that you have Squeezecontrol on your phone, you can add "The Synchronizer, "Switch Player" and "Music Walk With Me" to the home screen, and also to the controller home screen.
    Thank for for letting me know about these plugins. I have all three installed and will give them a spin the next few days as I walk back and forth. Initially, The synchronizer and switch players seem the most useful.

I do have a couple of observations, though:

1) I installed "Music walk with me", added it to the boom home menu via settings, that worked, but I could not find it to add to a controller. The other two were in the extras menu, and long press added them but I did not find MWWM.

2) This one is curious - When I used switch player, either from the boom menu, or from the controller, it worked find but, after switching back and forth ("switch to Boom B", Switch from Boom B") the Boom navigation controls (and in particular the '<' to go back to home menu) didn't work, with the display indicating "the current playlist ....." However, the menu on the controller, attached to the same player, navigated fine.

As an example -

- Internet radio station playing on Boom A, controller linked to Boom A
    - from home menu, switch player -> switch to Boom B (initiated either from the boom or the controller, doesn't make a difference) - Boom A turns off
    - Power up boom A (only to get to switch player, if yousing controller, skip this step)
    - switch player -> switch from Boom B, Boom A starts to play, with "the current playlist" displayed, but navigation buttons don't work (but controller remains functional). I need to power down and up the Boom to fix it.

It's probably user error, but I thought I would point it out.
    -
    Jim