Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ReadyNAS 102 running LMS 1.0.6 by Poussin(?), how to upgrade to LMS 7.9.1?

My ReadyNAS 102 is running LMS 1.0.6 by Poussin(?), how do I upgrade this to LMS 7.9.1??

I've attached a screenshot of the NAS info...

Name:  nas details.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  104.0 KB

Maybe this will help:

I own an old ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition with 3GB RAM. I recently did an upgrade and put in 3 x 4TB drives. An unsupported upgrade to the latest ReadyNAS OS 6 firmware was recommended to me. I did the upgrade. LMS still runs but the install has an extra step. I manually upload & install the latest 7.9 "Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC)" package from Michaels "official" nightly build page to the NAS. Then I have to install a ReadyNAS plug-in to be able to see the LMS install on the OS 6 gui. The plug-in is named "LMS_1.0.9_all.deb" and is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wu...ver/7.8.0?dl=0. Once that is installed on the NAS everything seems to work just dandy.

If things ever get more complicated than this I be moving the LMS install to one of the previously mentioned solutions that don't depend on NAS firmware consistency (MAC, PC, RPi) and then point back to the files on the NAS.

Good luck
    Jim
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.7.5 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Boom - Anywhere with an AC outlet
    Squeezebox Touch > Bose Radio - Kitchen
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch
    Ipeng on an iPad controls everything!

Quote Originally Posted by usbethjim View Post
    Maybe this will help:

I own an old ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition with 3GB RAM. I recently did an upgrade and put in 3 x 4TB drives. An unsupported upgrade to the latest ReadyNAS OS 6 firmware was recommended to me. I did the upgrade. LMS still runs but the install has an extra step. I manually upload & install the latest 7.9 "Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC)" package from Michaels "official" nightly build page to the NAS. Then I have to install a ReadyNAS plug-in to be able to see the LMS install on the OS 6 gui. The plug-in is named "LMS_1.0.9_all.deb" and is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wu...ver/7.8.0?dl=0. Once that is installed on the NAS everything seems to work just dandy.

If things ever get more complicated than this I be moving the LMS install to one of the previously mentioned solutions that don't depend on NAS firmware consistency (MAC, PC, RPi) and then point back to the files on the NAS.

Good luck
    Jim
    Sorry looks like the POUSSIN dropbox link referenced above is dead...we better head on over to the ReadyNAS boards to see what's going on!!!!????!!!
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.7.5 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch

Quote Originally Posted by usbethjim View Post
    Sorry looks like the POUSSIN dropbox link referenced above is dead...we better head on over to the ReadyNAS boards to see what's going on!!!!????!!!
    This works better to get the Poussin add-on I mentioned (lms_1.0.9_all.deb) :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wu...ver/7.8.0?dl=0

Jim

Thanks for all the info but I must confess to being somewhat confused by all this stuff as you've laid it out...

Can the 7.9.1 be installed over the 7.9.0?
    2 Duets controllers, 1 X Boom, 1 X Radio
    1 X Receiver + Audioengine A5
    1 X Receiver + Yamaha RX-A2000, Polk M70
    1 X Receiver + Boston MicroSystem CD
    Raspberry Pi 2 B, HiFiBerry Dac+ & Max2play
    Nexus 7 w/ Squeeze Ctrl
    ReadyNAS 516 LMS 7.9

ReadyNAS 102 running LMS 1.0.6 byPoussin(?), how to upgrade to LMS 7.9.1?

> My ReadyNAS 102 is running LMS 1.0.6 by Poussin(?), how do I upgrade
    > this to LMS 7.9.1??

I think you'd best ask Poussin himself.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I think you'd best ask Poussin himself.
    Any idea where I can find him?

I got the 7.9.1 files from the nightlies uploaded and installed them and then reinstalled the 1.0.9_all.deb which replaced the 1.0.6 a while back.
    You can get it here:
    When I restarted the server the scan failed, I restarted a full scan and all is well 7.9.1.
    2 Duets controllers, 1 X Boom, 1 X Radio
    1 X Receiver + Audioengine A5
    1 X Receiver + Yamaha RX-A2000, Polk M70
    1 X Receiver + Boston MicroSystem CD
    Raspberry Pi 2 B, HiFiBerry Dac+ & Max2play
    Nexus 7 w/ Squeeze Ctrl
    ReadyNAS 516 LMS 7.9

Quote Originally Posted by mark wollschlager View Post
    I got the 7.9.1 files from the nightlies uploaded and installed them and then reinstalled the 1.0.9_all.deb which replaced the 1.0.6 a while back.
    You can get it here:
    When I restarted the server the scan failed, I restarted a full scan and all is well 7.9.1.
    Yes, that's what I done to.
    SB Touch to Yamaha A-S501, Boston Acoustics A26.
    SB 3 to Audio Pro T3.
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro C5.
    SB BOOM
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng