Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Listing All Songs Starting With The Same Letter

I'm putting together a quiz for which I need to select some songs whose title begins with a particular letter.

I was hoping to do a simple search for say 'P' and get a list of all titles starting with P - but this doesn't work.

Can anyone give me any help on how this can be done

Thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve-g View Post
    I'm putting together a quiz for which I need to select some songs whose title begins with a particular letter.

I was hoping to do a simple search for say 'P' and get a list of all titles starting with P - but this doesn't work.

Can anyone give me any help on how this can be done

Thanks

Steve
    If you use sqlite its quite easy..

Code:
    select titlesort from tracks where title like 'P%%';
    ..out put tooo long to fit here...

Thanks DJanGo - I was hoping to avoid having to use sqlite but it looks like thats the only way to do it - so thanks for the info on how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-g View Post
    Thanks DJanGo - I was hoping to avoid having to use sqlite but it looks like thats the only way to do it - so thanks for the info on how to do it.
    Yapp - maybe Michael is smarter than me, cause i just found the extended search (using title "p%" ) also finds Tracks where any part in the tracknahme starts with P - not only the Track itself.

Ennio Morricone and Others - Western Graffiti - 114 - 100 000 Dollari per Ringo (Bruno Nicolai)
    Crystal Waters - Ben Liebrand Grandmix 90s Edition - 122 - 100% Pure Love
    Yello - Solid Pleasure - 10 - 10 Coast To Polka
    But using sqlite is quite simple.

Yes that's what I found it did which is not what I'm looking for - gives you too big a list. I really only whant tracks where the first letter of the title matches - will try sqlite as soon as I get a few minutes free.