Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Picoreplayer not found by LMS

Switched out a flaky DSL modem/router with new Netgear DSL modem--which is now connected to an Airport Extreme Base Station. Reconfigured all of my computers, including the MacMini that runs LMS (7.9.0). Everything is online and running great, but the Picoreplayer (not latest version) running on Rasberry Pi 2 is not being found by LMS. It was working great before I switched to new modem.

As I recall, I only need to connect Rasberry Pi to Macmini using an ethernet cable and reboot both devices so that LMS can find the Picoreplayer. But when I go to Information on the LMS pane, there are no devices found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. MacMini's ethernet is on. Should Picoreplayer be connected to Extreme Base Station instead? (I tried that too).

If you were connected to the minimac before, changing networks may have stopped the network sharing.

It would be much easier and reliable to connect rpi directly to the Airport router.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you were connected to the minimac before, changing networks may have stopped the network sharing.

It would be much easier and reliable to connect rpi directly to the Airport router.
    Connect to Airport with an ethernet cable? What would you do to get LMS to "see" the PiCorePlayer? Any particular settings to do in the Aiprort utility?

EDIT: Never mind, it found it. Thanks for this suggestion.

The crucial setting, as Paul reminded me, is to turn on "Internet Sharing".

System Preferences —> Sharing —> Select Internet Sharing

Thanks again!
    Last edited by ghulse; 2017-10-22 at 17:19.